Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Panzer Command AAR Posted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm >> Panzer Command AAR Posted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Panzer Command AAR Posted - 6/26/2006 7:02:54 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi all,

The Wargamer has posted the first Panzer Command AAR. You can check it out at www.wargamer.com. Here's a direct link:

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/panzer_command_aar/

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Panzer Command AAR Posted - 6/26/2006 7:25:35 AM   
junk2drive

Brief and to the point. Nice screenshots.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Panzer Command AAR Posted - 6/26/2006 5:39:26 PM   
Armybrat

Nice Job.. Looks like a good game. I am looking forward to it.

Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid airman or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table together - what do you get? The sum of their fears - Winston Churchill

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Panzer Command AAR Posted - 6/26/2006 5:56:02 PM   
Bil H

I have a few quibbles...

1.  The Campaign map seems very basic and under-developed.  I thought this was a campaign game with 3D battle resolution?  I see a 3D game with a very basic scripted campaign wrapper instead.  Personally, I would prefer just to have the 3D engine perhaps a little more developed than what you are presenting and releasing. 

2.  Vehicle scale.  Does this game have multiple vehicle scales like CM does?  The vehicles seem very close together in those screen shots which makes me wonder about unit scale and/or ground scale accuracy.

I don't expect the world, but I am not seeing what I was led to believe initially.  You guys should do well with this game though, there are a lot of people out there who are not as tough on games as I am. 

Bil

(in reply to Armybrat)
Post #: 4
RE: Panzer Command AAR Posted - 6/26/2006 6:14:44 PM   
pvthudson01

quote:

As my forces advance, we hear the Stuka arriving and it drops its bombs on an enemy unit we can’t yet see. Hopefully, it got it! In any case, I now have a clue that something might be in that wood line.

SOLD

Gimme digital download now!

< Message edited by pvthudson01 -- 6/26/2006 6:15:26 PM >

Matrix Member since 2003!

(in reply to Bil H)
Post #: 5
RE: Panzer Command AAR Posted - 6/26/2006 6:24:04 PM   
Erik Rutins

Bil,

Thanks for your feedback.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bil H
1.  The Campaign map seems very basic and under-developed.  I thought this was a campaign game with 3D battle resolution?  I see a 3D game with a very basic scripted campaign wrapper instead.  Personally, I would prefer just to have the 3D engine perhaps a little more developed than what you are presenting and releasing.

If I understand correctly, you're looking for a more full-featured operational "layer"? The campaign system is much more like a Panzer General or the previous Tin Soldiers games from Koios. The battles are joined together, there are post-battle effects, experience, medals and special abilities. There are pre-battle purchase/replacement decisions but there isn't a full operational layer.

Where we are heading with this is a more dynamic campaign system that is akin to the "Mega Campaigns" for SPWAW. In the long run we would like to also add an operational layer, but that's not a short term effort. For now, the player's focus is on his own battle group.

One area that I agree, given your comments, that we could improve on is adding a little more info to the campaign map as far as showing Army/Corps/Division boundaries and such. That's something we could definitely do in a post-release update for WinterStorm now that you have me thinking about it.

quote:

2.  Vehicle scale.  Does this game have multiple vehicle scales like CM does?  The vehicles seem very close together in those screen shots which makes me wonder about unit scale and/or ground scale accuracy.

There is only one scale, which is equivalent to CM's "realistic" scale and as far as I know everything should match that. If the vehicles were closer together formation-wise than historical, that's because of my placement and tactics (or lack thereof).

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Bil H)
Post #: 6
RE: Panzer Command AAR Posted - 6/26/2006 6:24:29 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

Just three more days...

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to pvthudson01)
Post #: 7
RE: Panzer Command AAR Posted - 6/26/2006 9:55:27 PM   
redwolf

quote:

2. Vehicle scale. Does this game have multiple vehicle scales like CM does? The vehicles seem very close together in those screen shots which makes me wonder about unit scale and/or ground scale accuracy.

It's only one scale.

However, the minimap on the right lower side also shows spotted vehicles and your own forces.

So you do not need to scale up vehicles to see them from large zoom levels like you have to in CM.

The minimap is a very powerful feature, don't underestimate it. It helps a whole lot and makes some CM feature unneeded.

quote:

I don't expect the world, but I am not seeing what I was led to believe initially. You guys should do well with this game though, there are a lot of people out there who are not as tough on games as I am.

I don't recall that a gameable layer above the tactical battles was ever promised for this game. That would be incredibly difficult to do with such a small team when you have to program the 3D game from scratch in addition to everything else. The effort over at BFC at a game like this seems to be struggling quite a bit, and they started from a a finished 3D game.

(in reply to Bil H)
Post #: 8
RE: Panzer Command AAR Posted - 6/27/2006 12:06:10 AM   
FeurerKrieg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

Just three more days...

Looks like this is coming along nicely. I've lurked now and then here, but not posted much. The wife is going to be out of town for a week, and my WITP opponent is on vacation as well so I think I will pick this up when the download is available.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: Panzer Command AAR Posted - 6/4/2007 5:05:10 AM   
general_solomon

Does anyone else have AARs so that I may learn to use Infantry better. 

thanks

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 10
RE: Panzer Command AAR Posted - 8/10/2010 8:06:57 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: general_solomon
Does anyone else have AARs so that I may learn to use Infantry better. 

I'll see if I can gin one up for you. Let's learn together.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to general_solomon)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm >> Panzer Command AAR Posted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI