Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battle of Britain II Reviews

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> Battle of Britain II Reviews Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle of Britain II Reviews - 3/26/2008 7:18:38 AM   
SeanD

Updated as they come in...

Out of Eight Review - 6/8
The fantastic flight model and engrossing campaign are still intact, offering up a potent combination of game styles...

< Message edited by SeanD -- 3/26/2008 7:19:01 AM >

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Battle of Britain II Reviews - 3/26/2008 5:37:37 PM   
buddye

The readers might want to read some of the comments on the review here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1726013

It is my opinion the reviewer did not do his homework on this review of BOBII.

< Message edited by buddye -- 3/26/2008 5:39:02 PM >

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Battle of Britain II Reviews - 3/26/2008 5:59:04 PM   
Hard Sarge

to be honest, I have not read any review on something I have helped work on, that even looked like the reviewer even played the game (this one, looks like he kind of looked)

(other then Player reviews)

a shame as a lot of people based there ideas on games based on the reviews

(I remember reading a review on a old SSI game, RPG, that the reviewer just hated, everything that a real RPG player wants is missing, this and that and that and this, and the more I read it, it was like, yea, but I don't care about that, this sounds good, went out and got it, and it was the best RPG I had played up to that time, and then when II came out the review was about why did they bother,, nobody who knew anything played the first one, and the 2nd one was even better then the 1st)

(another was UFO defence, the review was totally bad, the game was so bad, that they even put a demo of the game in the disk, so the readers could see how bad it was, got home from work, messed around with the patches and what not, and thought I would look at it, I was not even finished with the demo mission, when I stopped and called my friend at the store to ask if he had a copy, he said yes, and I told him I be there in 5 minutes, i got there bought it and left, we used to stand around and talk for hours when I went there, so I could get home and play the game, and as they say, the rest is history, XCOM is one of the all time Greats)

so, hopefully other game players know how to read a review, other wise, they going to miss out on a lot of good to great games

(in reply to buddye)
Post #: 3
RE: Battle of Britain II Reviews - 12/20/2009 10:30:34 PM   
buddye

This month's UK edition (Issue 208, Christmas 2009) of PC Gamer carries a double page feature/review of v2.10, and very complimentary it is too.

Tim Stone reviewed the original BoB II (giving it 68%) and revisits it since 2.10 in the Extra Life/Update section.

Some excerpts:

" (Bob II)......has gone from disappointing lame duck to breathtaking bird of paradise. The main architects of this transformation are an improbably dedicated, incredibly knowledgeable band of officially-sanctioned modders called BDG."

" ...Fans call Battle of Britain II 'The Time Machine' and new features such as the 'multiskin' bombers show how passionate the team are about authenticity...."

"...AI expert Buddye has, over the years, helped hone one of the finest AIs in all Simulatia..."

"...Always striving, the team have also worked out a way to wring yet more truth from the authoritative flight models..."

"...3D instruments such as the Spitfire's compass and fuel gauge, faulty since Rowan times, are now fully functional..."

He concludes:
" Even with direct competition from Oleg Maddox's Storm of War just around the corner, BoB II is going to keep winning new devotees with it's potent atmosphere, extraordinary dynamic campaign engine, classy AI and constant stream of BDG-engineered improvements. Forget what I said in 2005, this is one bally marvellous sim."

Obviously lots more in the article, thoughts on MP, ground update, mixed skills etc. Well worth buying a copy. ( Not sure if the US version carries the same piece though.)
A pleasant surprise to see it in a 'mainstream' gaming magazine and nice to see the BDG receiving some 'more public' recognition.

WOW, what a Christmas Present for the BDG and BOBII. A very big and special thanks from the hardworking BDG to PCGamer and Ron Stone for doing this BOBII 2.10 review.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 4
RE: Battle of Britain II Reviews - 5/28/2012 1:45:55 PM   
aadamjohnsons

I have not experience Battle of Britain II games experience but I think it seems better games and I will get it as I always like such kind of action games based on war.

Get advance logiciel carte r4

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 5
RE: Battle of Britain II Reviews - 11/4/2012 2:44:17 PM   
JennyCheng

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・゜゜・。*。・゜*✧✿

D3 US Gold 30M=$16.17 D3 EU Gold 30M=$14.97,RS Gold 20M+1M=$12.38,Tera Gold 2000G=$23.8.WOW US GOLD 10000G=$18 WOW EU GOLD 15000G=$23.85

(in reply to aadamjohnsons)
Post #: 6
RE: Battle of Britain II Reviews - 11/5/2012 9:44:01 PM   
Rusty1961

Instead of releasing an entirely new game, why not patch BTR for those of us who supported it and Matrix?

Or are we just SOL?

(in reply to JennyCheng)
Post #: 7
RE: Battle of Britain II Reviews - 11/29/2015 12:22:17 AM   
demyansk

This game is now 4.99

I wonder if it's way outdated?

Anyone have it and play it?

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> Battle of Britain II Reviews Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI