Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiplayer firewall/router config

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Medieval] >> Conquest! Medieval Realms >> Tech Support >> Multiplayer firewall/router config Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiplayer firewall/router config - 8/22/2009 8:13:24 AM   
LordJekky

This is basically just a copy of a post that i made at the Slitherine forums:
quote:

It seems that there might be some confusion regarding the lobby and how to get it to work.. so i'll address it in this post.

If you are experiencing the following problems, then the information in this post might help you:

*You can login to the lobby, but other players usernames appear as IP addresses
*You do not see any chat messages appear other than your own
*You cannot see any hosted games (bear in mind that there might really not be any - this on it's own is not enough to be sure you have a problem with the port)
*You host a game but no-one can join it (again, this may not be enough on it's own to be sure of the problem)

In order to get the lobby to work, you -must- have port 2301 (UDP) open for traffic.

If you have a firewall, you will have to tell your firewall to allow traffic on this port (see your firewall documentation for specific details on this).

If you are behind a router, then you will also have to tell your router to forward the port to the computer you intend to use to play Conquest - again, this will vary by router and you will have to refer to your specific documentation.

If you want to host games, you will also need to have port 2300 (TCP) open and forwarded - if you do not intend to host games then you do not have to do this.

If you are unsure what to do, or if you can't find your documentation, this website might be able to help: http://portforward.com/

If there are any questions about this, please don't hesitate to ask and we will do what we can to help you out.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Medieval] >> Conquest! Medieval Realms >> Tech Support >> Multiplayer firewall/router config Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI