Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tech Support FAQs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Tech Support >> Tech Support FAQs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tech Support FAQs - 12/1/2009 3:43:20 PM   
Erik Rutins

1. If you are experiencing crashes or freezes in space battles, this seems to affect some nVidia cards at higher graphics settings. Turning all the in-game graphics settings down will allow you to get around this issue until we can fix it in an update.

We also have something for you to try if you are willing to help us get this fixed. This is turning out to be a very tough one to track down and fix on our own, so we're hoping to gather some more info by using this debug executable. If you are having these issues, please download the attached zip file. Backup your normal game executable and unzip this one in its place.

Then play the game with the default settings and see if you can duplicate the crash/freeze issue by starting a battle and quitting once the issue happens. With any luck, this debug exe will generate an "errors.txt" file in your save game folder. Grab that file and either post it here or e-mail it to me at erikr@matrixgames.com.

2. Issues starting the game. It appears that there may be some additional .NET requirements beyond the .NET installer included with the game. We will include an additional .NET installer in the next update, but in the meantime you can try updating to these yourself with these links:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5b2c0358-915b-4eb5-9b1d-10e506da9d0f

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en

3. Can't save, or out of memory. There are circumstances where the game will allow you to start a game that is larger than your hardware can support. We are working to set limits on this in the future, but for the time being we recommend trying to start smaller custom games if you experience these errors.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 12/1/2009 3:47:30 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Tech Support FAQs - 2/16/2010 8:16:53 AM   
GMeyer

Erik,
I followed your advice and lowered the graphics settings.  It worked.  I can't say that I noticed much difference in the graphics but anyway I was wondering when a patch for this problem might be forthcoming. There is no rush since the game functions quite well as it is.
Thanks

George S. Meyer

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Tech Support FAQs - 2/16/2010 1:29:35 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, in fact we're finalizing the update right now. Hopefully this week.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to GMeyer)
Post #: 3
RE: Tech Support FAQs - 1/8/2011 11:32:49 PM   
agiar2000

I never had this problem on my Windows XP computer, which runs an NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT, but I did have it on my Windows Vista laptop, which runs an NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS. Whenever I enter a space battle, the graphics on the background go haywire, then all background graphics cease until I completely exit the game. I have found that the only thing that cures this is for me to put "Shadow Quality" at the absolute Minimum. Everything else can still be maxed out and it will still work if and only if "Shadow Quality" is at the minimum.

I downloaded the zip file and extracted it in the same place as the executable file in \bin of the same name, after I moved the original file to another folder. However, every time I tried to play the game, I immediately received a message stating that "Armada 2526 has stopped working." I was unable to find any file "errors.txt" anywhere on my computer. I run version 1.4.0.0 of the game. Is there any solution or any clarification anyone can give me on this problem?

Thank you.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Tech Support FAQs - 4/11/2011 6:57:57 PM   
Apheirox

quote:

ORIGINAL: agiar2000

I have found that the only thing that cures this is for me to put "Shadow Quality" at the absolute Minimum. Everything else can still be maxed out and it will still work if and only if "Shadow Quality" is at the minimum.

Verified. It's the shadows and the shadows only that are causing this problem. Hopefully this provides a hint for you to fixing this, Matrix.

(in reply to agiar2000)
Post #: 5
RE: Tech Support FAQs - 3/16/2013 4:48:15 AM   
Magpius

Just purchased the game and...
I'm running a nvidia 310M card, (with latest drivers), and the game grinds to a graphic halt when trying to run a battle screen.
Has this issue been resolved.
EDIT: Game works by playing all settings to minimum. So that's something I guess.

< Message edited by Agent S -- 3/16/2013 4:58:50 AM >

(in reply to Apheirox)
Post #: 6
RE: Tech Support FAQs - 3/20/2013 4:28:08 PM   
cpdeyoung

Watch out Agent, this one can be addictive.

Chuck

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 7
RE: Tech Support FAQs - 3/20/2013 8:43:31 PM   
martok

^ What he said!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agent S

Just purchased the game and...
I'm running a nvidia 310M card, (with latest drivers), and the game grinds to a graphic halt when trying to run a battle screen.
Has this issue been resolved.
EDIT: Game works by playing all settings to minimum. So that's something I guess.

Agent, if you're still have problems, I recommend checking out the game's official forums. While it's not exactly a hive of activity these days, you're still more likely to get a timely answer/solution than here. Good luck!

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 8
RE: Tech Support FAQs - 6/17/2018 5:41:05 PM   
lion_of_judah

what fix is there for windows 7 when you look right click on a ship and there is nothing but black

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> Tech Support >> Tech Support FAQs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI