Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Alpha AAR - A year at the front with Field Marshal Noob

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Alpha AAR - A year at the front with Field Marshal Noob Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Alpha AAR - A year at the front with Field Marshal ... - 8/7/2010 5:36:38 PM   
ComradeP

Educated guess based on the real life statistics: speed in miles, altitude and climb rate in feet, radius probably in miles.

However, some of the statistics seem to be too conservative. The maximum speed (at ~8000 feet) corresponds with my source, and so does the cruise speed. The climb rate is however around 600 feet/minute lower and the service ceiling some 4500 feet. If the radius is supposed to be the maximum range divided by two (to the edge and back), that's also slightly conservative as my source would give a radius of 215 miles. The plane was sturdy and had good manoeuvrability. The armament varied between models, but I'm guessing the most common armament is used.

(in reply to karonagames)
Post #: 331
RE: Alpha AAR - A year at the front with Field Marshal ... - 8/7/2010 8:26:17 PM   
Helpless

quote:

Educated guess based on the real life statistics: speed in miles, altitude and climb rate in feet, radius probably in miles.

Yes. Pretty much as in BTR or in WITP. Some aircraft stats review is still pending.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 332
RE: Alpha AAR - A year at the front with Field Marshal ... - 8/7/2010 9:26:26 PM   
Josh

Thx for the answers guys, but maybe it should be added that it's in feet and miles
A lot of work probably ...

Oh, and found two spelling mistakes in the Fw Reconplane: maneuver ( http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/maneuver )
and, reliability.

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 333
RE: Alpha AAR - A year at the front with Field Marshal ... - 8/7/2010 9:48:09 PM   
Helpless

quote:

A lot of work probably ...

Not at all... We just lazy

Thanks for the notes. Will fix.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 334
RE: Alpha AAR - A year at the front with Field Marshal ... - 8/7/2010 10:27:19 PM   
karonagames

In the Queen's English it is manoeuvre

It's only a Game

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 335
RE: Alpha AAR - A year at the front with Field Marshal ... - 8/7/2010 10:38:07 PM   
Naughteous Maximus

Sounds too much like manure!
quote:

ORIGINAL: BigAnorak

In the Queen's English it is manoeuvre

(in reply to karonagames)
Post #: 336
RE: Alpha AAR - A year at the front with Field Marshal ... - 12/14/2010 6:47:01 PM   
matt.buttsworth

Hello

How well did the Nazis survive the blizzards of 1941?

When I played Wir as Russian I was always able to win the winter so well and gain so much strength that the game was over in Spring 1942. All that was left was a relentless offensive leading a year later to Berlin.

I hope this game is better balanced.

Matthew

(in reply to Naughteous Maximus)
Post #: 337
RE: Alpha AAR - A year at the front with Field Marshal ... - 12/14/2010 6:57:59 PM   
PyleDriver

Matt theres only one word I can say, Its ugly. If you over extend and not dig in, its a spring of 42 licking your wounds and wondering if you can conduct another offence...

Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha tester
WitE2 Alpha tester

(in reply to matt.buttsworth)
Post #: 338
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Alpha AAR - A year at the front with Field Marshal Noob Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI