Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 10/13/2013 10:03:30 PM   
kipanderson

Capn Darwin, MR, hi,

Just to say that I have successfully built my first scenario thanks to this thread and am quite shocked just how much fun this game is .

I keep saying it, you have new classic on your hands with this engine.. .

Thanks...
All the best,
Kip.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 61
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 11/6/2013 10:28:55 AM   
Hexagon

Hi, i am playing a little with the editor and i find a little problem, i want mix in a company diferent types of tanks, my idea is in a tank battalion for a soviet mech regiment have T-55 and T-55A mixed and maybe add T-62 to... i want a reserve battalion where 1/3 be T-62 and i prefer do this not with a 3rd company with the T-62.

Is this possible??? thanks.

(in reply to kipanderson)
Post #: 62
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 11/6/2013 11:14:34 AM   
CapnDarwin

Hexagon,

You would need to make a new formation for a tank company (Battalions) and directly call the units with a RU268*5, RU267*5. This would be 5 T-55As and 5 T-55s for instance. Make sure the code you use is unique. I would go with: Mixed Tank Co (T55) \ RUC4 \ %d/ \ RU268*5, RU267*5 \ Tank \ I

That should do it.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 63
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 11/6/2013 12:06:59 PM   
Hexagon

Thanks, well until we have the mod guide i am going to use the stock OOB... maybe i change the 3rd company and have here the T-62, i have enough now with create a scen

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 64
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 11/25/2013 10:52:46 AM   
Tazak

MR, when selecting a formation that could have multiple types of the same sub-type (INF being a good example), what is the best way of identifying the actual sub-unit type you want

e.g. SA80 armed infantry over SLR armed infantry

at the moment I'm having to flick through most of the user-data and go down serveal layers to ensure I select the right subunit, is there an easier way that I'm missing

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 65
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 11/25/2013 2:32:30 PM   
Mad Russian

Not that I'm aware of. With so many units to pick from for a side you have to tell the editor exactly what you want. I don't know any other way than for you to find that unit and select it.

I understand the frustration at times. I hate that tanks default to a T-10 for instance. I don't know how many times I've ended up with T-10's that I get to take back out and replace with the correct equipment type.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Tazak)
Post #: 66
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 1/24/2014 1:44:02 AM   
daferg

This should help a lot with scenario creation. Thank you very much.

I edited this post after I read another discussion. I had a question about modding existing scenarios but I found out why its not possible. No worries.

< Message edited by ferg1234 -- 1/24/2014 3:04:01 AM >

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 67
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 6/4/2016 6:37:15 AM   
jungelsj_slith

So I'm having issues trying to lock units in place. The command seems to work fine in the editor - I lock the unit and all subordinates, and the icon names grey out. I get a warning that these units are locked etc.

However as soon as the scenario starts, all of these same units receive commands immediately and start moving around. I've tried adding 'unit starts in inactive state' as well, but no change - as soon as they activate, they start moving.

Bug, or am I missing something obvious in the editor? I'd like these units to stay on the defense in their prepared positions.

(in reply to daferg)
Post #: 68
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 6/4/2016 3:26:46 PM   
CapnDarwin

Inactive should hold them in place until fired on or they spot bad guys. Could be a new bug. Can you send us the scenario via PM or email to look at?

(in reply to jungelsj_slith)
Post #: 69
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 6/4/2016 4:48:40 PM   
jungelsj_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Inactive should hold them in place until fired on or they spot bad guys. Could be a new bug. Can you send us the scenario via PM or email to look at?

Oh, maybe I'm just misunderstanding what it should do. The behavior you described does work - the issue I have is with the option "Unit is locked in place and cannot relocate." I understand that to mean they cannot move for the entire scenario (Maybe unless they're depleted and have to retreat?)

The behavior I'm trying to prevent is when units leave fortified positions in cover and get shot up - even though all objectives are in their possession, sometimes underneath the units that move away. "Locked" does not prevent this.

Happy to send scenario if that is not intended

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 70
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 6/4/2016 4:55:45 PM   
jungelsj_slith

Oh! I think I found my issue. The default order for placed units seems to be "screen." Once I changed everything to "hold" and then set them to locked, it seemed to work correctly. I'm a doofus, they were doing exactly what I told them to, heh.

Post #: 71
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 6/4/2016 5:05:32 PM   
CapnDarwin

Happy to hear you have it figured out.

Post #: 72
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 6/4/2016 5:06:23 PM   
cbelva

No, "Unit is locked in place and cannot relocate" is only during the setup phase. The player and the AI can give these units movement orders during setup and they will start to move once the turn resolution begins. "Start Scenario in Inactive State" mean that the unit will not move during the scenario until it spots an enemy unit or it is fired upon. At that time the player and AI can give orders to the unit.

The big problem with the AI is that it doesn't really know how to defense in place. I have been complaining about this for 3 years. Unfortunately, the AI was coded to be aggressive, esp. on the offense. It does offense and meeting engagements fairly well. Improving the AI's ability on the defense is high on the list for Southern Storm and I am going to be very hard on the programmers to make sure this gets done , they are warned.

Post #: 73
RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial - 6/4/2016 5:15:09 PM   
jungelsj_slith

I see. Yeah, looks like my last post was jumping the gun. They receive movement orders, just not on the first command cycle. Attaching the scenario anyway if anyone wants to make sure it's working as intended.

That's a bummer. Maybe Kursk isn't a great scenario to mod if the AI is going to leave their defensive lines right away. Maybe something more like Market Garden where both sides are rushing various bridges.

Thanks for the help/replies.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by molotov_billy -- 6/4/2016 5:17:39 PM >

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 74
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Scenario Creation Tutorial Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI