Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Additional converted data packs for Greece and Highway to the Reich

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> RE: Additional converted data packs for Greece and Highway to the Reich Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Additional converted data packs for Greece and High... - 7/15/2014 3:25:25 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

The HTTR Data Pack is just a zip file. Drag it into your BFTB Game directory and unzip it. It should extract the maps and scenarios to their respective directories automatically.

Thanks. So far, it has worked like a charm.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 31
RE: Additional converted data packs for Greece and High... - 7/28/2014 12:42:27 AM   
pacwar

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I went into my members page and pulled up the HTTR page but the Data Pack doesn't seem to be there...when I went to the Bulge page the latest update shown was 4.263 from last February...how do I update that page?

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 32
RE: Additional converted data packs for Greece and High... - 8/13/2014 2:17:43 PM   
jimcarravall

quote:

ORIGINAL: pacwar

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I went into my members page and pulled up the HTTR page but the Data Pack doesn't seem to be there...when I went to the Bulge page the latest update shown was 4.263 from last February...how do I update that page?

After logging into the Members Community Page (http://www.matrixgames.com/community/) the appropriate updates are available from the "Downloads for Registered Games" link: http://www.matrixgames.com/members/private.asp

Take care,

jim

(in reply to pacwar)
Post #: 33
RE: Download Patch V4.6.279 - 9/14/2014 10:31:01 PM   
BigDuke66

Should I install patch .279 before or after installing HttR and BfG?
Are patches for HttR and BfG still needed or only BftB .279?

(in reply to Haplo_Patryn)
Post #: 34
RE: Download Patch V4.6.279 - 9/15/2014 2:10:09 PM   
jimcarravall

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

Should I install patch .279 before or after installing HttR and BfG?
Are patches for HttR and BfG still needed or only BftB .279?

You should install .279 and then the HttR and BfG.

The basic .279 patch includes BftB map files recompiled with the .279 MapMaker function and overwritten on existing BftB maps directory. The recompiling allows for an improved interpretation of terrain attributes built into the .279 game software.

The HttR and BfG sets are map files recompiled under the MapMaker .279 patch that will replace the Maps for those battle sets.

Overwriting existing map files with those reduces the delay in loading HttR and BfG games after the .279 patch is installed.

I don't believe the delay in the game software loading the old maps for HttR and BfG (or custom maps for that matter) replaces the old map files with the recompiled versions.

It's tedious, but you can accomplish the same actions as downloading and installing the HttR and BfG packs by using MapMaker to "recalculate terrain tables" and "build map cache" on appropriate map files.

If you play any custom scenarios with custom maps authored prior to the .279 patch, you have to use MapMaker to permanently recalculate terrain tables and build map caches for those to load quickly and operate appropriately with the .279 attributes.

Take care,

jim

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 35
RE: Download Patch V4.6.279 - 9/15/2014 3:23:03 PM   
Phoenix100

Install basic BFTB, patch it with .279. Install the add-ons - HTTR and BfG. Then, from the member's area get the conversion packs for HTTR and BfG and add them in. They convert the add-on pack maps to .279 level

(in reply to jimcarravall)
Post #: 36
RE: Download Patch V4.6.279 - 9/15/2014 4:51:36 PM   
BigDuke66

Thanks guys.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 37
RE: Download Patch V4.6.279 - 9/19/2014 8:45:43 PM   
Count Sessine

Forget about it - problem solved by running the updater as admin...

< Message edited by Count Sessine -- 9/19/2014 10:46:16 PM >

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series >> RE: Additional converted data packs for Greece and Highway to the Reich Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI