Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Coupon & Serial Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold >> Coupon & Serial Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/3/2015 9:43:48 AM   
IainMcNeil

Hi guys,

first off let me apologize for the issues and confusion. A number of things combined to really create a perfect storm here. This is how it works.

Anyone who has a copy of Revolution Under Siege from Slitherine/Ageod or Matrix is able to upgrade to the Gold version for just $4.99 ($14.99 if you want the boxed edition). Unfortunately it is not possible to offer this discount to people who bought else where as we do not have the serials to validate. We only have access to the serials that we generated. We understand some people will be upset about this but we simply don't have access to the information supplied by paradox at the time so no way to set this up.

You can redeem a Steam key with a revolution under siege Gold serial. ONLY RUS GOLD SERIALS CAN BE REDEEMED for a steam key. You cannot redeem a steam key for the original Revolution Under Siege as it does not exist on steam.

Now on to what went wrong
* The announcement about the discount was not made. This is just a brain freeze as everything was set up and we blanked the fact we had to announce it. If you have a serial from Slitherine/Matrix or Ageod you are eligible for the $20 discount. As mentioned above we cannot verify keys bought elsewhere so you cannot use them for a discount.
* The steam key redemption was not explained. Some people seemed to think RUS was now available on Steam. They were trying to redeem a steam key with their RUS serial. Only RUS Gold serials can be used to redeem a steam key. Combined with point 1 above this caused extra confusion.
* The steam redeem system was setup but not turned on for release. This is part of the standard test process so somehow it got missed on this release. No excuses here. Combined with the point above created more confusion.
* Some keys were missing. Ageod has been selling RUS for a very long time and some of the original batch of keys generated were missing from the list that was supplied for the discount codes. This was not noticed until we had support calls on keys that were valid and we found they were missing from the list.

These 3 things combined to make a disastrous first impression. We are very sorry for the confusion and lack of information and know its simply not good enough. We're having an internal review today to ensure this doesn't happen again. Once again apologies for the confusion and the system is up and running fully as intended now.

If you are still experiencing issues and you think your key should be valid please do contact support with your serial number so we can investigate. Note if you bought from another site there is unfortunately nothing support can do to help.

Edit - I forgot to add, if you bought the game at full price and have a valid coupon please contact support and they will issue you a refund for the difference.

Hopefully we can now move on to enjoying this great game and put the launch issues behind us.

Thanks

The Matrix/Slitherine & Ageod Teams

< Message edited by Iain McNeil -- 7/3/2015 10:52:25 AM >

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Post #: 1
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/3/2015 9:52:14 AM   
zakblood

it happens, and when it does you are always quick and the first to apologize, that's why we buy from you, support is top notch and must admit i agree with you 100% as i've read the rants and didn't post in there as i disagreed with most of them...

good game btw again

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 2
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/3/2015 11:54:10 AM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

it happens, and when it does you are always quick and the first to apologize, that's why we buy from you, support is top notch and must admit i agree with you 100% as i've read the rants and didn't post in there as i disagreed with most of them...

good game btw again

+1
No good deed goes unpunished.
I had no problem with my discount purchase of RUS Gold.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/3/2015 8:12:14 PM   
CB60

My serial number went through but Bluesnap doesn't seem to want to accept my Paypal payment, though Paypal has authorized it. Might be because I've changed my e-mail for here, and for Paypal. I've contacted them but haven't received a reply yet.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 4
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/3/2015 9:26:03 PM   
TJD

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

good game btw again

Ditto with triple bold underscore. This issue was handled as well as it could possibly be. Slitherine is a good outfit.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/4/2015 12:07:24 AM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: CB60

My serial number went through but Bluesnap doesn't seem to want to accept my Paypal payment, though Paypal has authorized it. Might be because I've changed my e-mail for here, and for Paypal. I've contacted them but haven't received a reply yet.

Who have you contact Paypal or Plimus?

(in reply to CB60)
Post #: 6
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/4/2015 1:13:01 AM   
jjdenver

I bought it with the $20 discount for $4.99 since I already own original RUS, got the serial # and now want to activate on Steam.

On Steam I go to Games -> Activate a Product on Steam and input my serial # which is in the form XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Steam then gives me a message "Invalid Product Code"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 7
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/4/2015 2:56:57 AM   
CB60

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: CB60

Who have you contact Paypal or Plimus?

Thanks for the fast reply.
Plimus, there doesn't seem to be any problem on Paypal's end; they sent me an e-mail saying that they authorized the payment but slitherine hadn't accepted it yet.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 8
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/4/2015 5:21:42 AM   
zakblood

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjdenver

I bought it with the $20 discount for $4.99 since I already own original RUS, got the serial # and now want to activate on Steam.

On Steam I go to Games -> Activate a Product on Steam and input my serial # which is in the form XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

quote:

You can redeem a Steam key with a revolution under siege Gold serial. ONLY RUS GOLD SERIALS CAN BE REDEEMED for a steam key. You cannot redeem a steam key for the original Revolution Under Siege as it does not exist on steam

< Message edited by zakblood -- 7/4/2015 6:23:03 AM >

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 9
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/4/2015 9:25:13 AM   
DeForest

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjdenver

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Same problem with my serial, I bought RUS Gold yesterday

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 10
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/4/2015 12:42:49 PM   
Capitaine

You guys need to register the game on the Slitherine site and get your Steam key there. The key for RUS Gold won't work on Steam; you need a special Steam key.

Go to the Slitherine site, log in to your account (I think it uses your Matrix account info), and head to "My Page" under the Resources header. There you'll see a link for getting the Steam keys.

(in reply to DeForest)
Post #: 11
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/4/2015 4:10:05 PM   
RedBunny

If I buy the game from Matrix or Slitherine why would I want to play it through Steam? What are the advantages?

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 12
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/4/2015 4:28:29 PM   
zakblood

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedBunny

If I buy the game from Matrix or Slitherine why would I want to play it through Steam? What are the advantages?

buy from Matrix or Slitherine you get a steam key as well, and support from here, so imo a better choice.

(in reply to RedBunny)
Post #: 13
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/4/2015 4:30:18 PM   
RedBunny

I was thinking that too but what are the advantages of using Stream. Pretty basic question I know and thanks for your response.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 14
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/6/2015 2:17:18 PM   
IainMcNeil

There is no advantage to playing through Steam. Its exactly the same.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to RedBunny)
Post #: 15
RE: Coupon & Serial Issues - 7/6/2015 3:23:01 PM   
gexmex

deleted - I realized that I didn't purchase RUS Gold, just the original version. Sad panda

< Message edited by gexmex -- 7/6/2015 4:31:16 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Revolution Under Siege Gold >> Coupon & Serial Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI