Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in the West Boxed Upgrade available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> War in the West Boxed Upgrade available! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in the West Boxed Upgrade available! - 12/9/2015 3:22:37 PM   
Daniele

If you already own a digital version of the game from our site, and would like to add a box and full colour printed manual to your collection, just click on the Boxed Upgrade button.

You will receive a box of the product you have chosen, a printed manual in full colours and a DVD with in an interactive version of our catalogue. It is very simple and straight forward.

You don't have to register your game or send us your game serial number, just add the product to the cart and check out!

Please note this is not a copy of the game and does not include a Steam code or serial. If you want to buy the game please go to the games page. This is an upgrade option for people who already own the digital game.

Please check here to upgrade your game!

< Message edited by Daniele -- 12/11/2015 11:25:29 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: War in the West Boxed Upgrade available! - 12/10/2015 10:52:47 PM   
riflebrigade

This offer seems unbelievable for AUD$21.99.

I am considering buying the digital download and boxed upgrade.

Is the full size printed manual physically the same as the manual included in the original boxed version of War in the West?

What is the postage cost to Australia for this boxed edition?

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: War in the West Boxed Upgrade available! - 4/1/2016 3:24:19 PM   
rixtertech

I got a look at my copy yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality. Printed in China, it's unfortunately on glossy paper but it's hardbound, not sewn of course but they at least made the effort to have it sort of look like it is... for the price its a truly great deal. The print portion is approx 300 pages of 9 1/2 x 7 1/2 and 13/16 thick. The fonts are well sized and the illustrations are sharp considering the low price. Considering that low price I wouldn't expect this media to stand up to much abuse, moisture, rough handling, extremes of temperature and etc but at this price I hope we can just get a new copy!

The catalog that comes with it is updated, perhaps Matrix will even go crazy and decide to fix the links at http://www.matrixgames.com/catalog/ to point to this version someday, maybe. It's important to people like me that are often away from networks and wish for a current catalog to daydream over. Lets get rid of the links to the 2013 version, eh?

Riflebrigade, I don't see a version number at the front or back of this copy so I don't know how current it is.

This will probably be the nicest manual you own for -any- application, for about the price of one of those crappy throw-aways the bookstores keep on a cart outside on the sidewalk. Thanks, Matrix!

< Message edited by Magog -- 4/1/2016 3:42:40 PM >

"They're firing? But they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from ther-"

-Union Gen. John Sedgewick, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, 1864, KIA while berating a private for ducking sniper fire

(in reply to riflebrigade)
Post #: 3
RE: War in the West Boxed Upgrade available! - 4/3/2016 9:22:49 PM   
bairdlander2

Does it include the changes to AD's?I took advantage of the easter discount code,should receive my copy in a few days.

(in reply to rixtertech)
Post #: 4
RE: War in the West Boxed Upgrade available! - 4/5/2016 11:08:25 AM   
Delaware

I assume that they are not going to go back to the printers for an updated edition just for this boxed upgrade. I believe it is the same manual that was issued day one. My question is: How much of the manual has been made irrelevant?

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 5
RE: War in the West Boxed Upgrade available! - 4/6/2016 2:51:57 AM   
rixtertech

If they are going with print-on-demand and drop shipping from the printer they could be as up-to-date as they wanted. I will confess I didn't look too close at the package. Answers for all this will have to come from the mighty hackers at Matrix.

(in reply to Delaware)
Post #: 6
RE: War in the West Boxed Upgrade available! - 4/6/2016 5:40:19 PM   
Joel Billings

The manual has not been updated (neither paper nor pdf form). There were two new one page guides released last summer/fall with info on the improved air fuctionality added around the time Torch was released.

I had a volunteer offer to work on updating the manual a few months ago but unfortunately nothing came of that. I've been meaning to see if I could find someone to work on updating the pdf with the various rule changes since release. If anyone is interested, they can contact me at 2by3@2by3games.com.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to rixtertech)
Post #: 7
RE: War in the West Boxed Upgrade available! - 4/13/2016 12:58:41 AM   
rixtertech

I'd jump on this idea but as a WITx beginner I don't even know enough to be dangerous yet. Unless you count all the people drowning on troop ships, starving at the end of ill-conceived supply lines and cursing my name in the midst of pointless slaughter. ;)

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> War in the West Boxed Upgrade available! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI