Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ageod teams up with the Sealed Knot Society for the English Civil War!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> English Civil War >> Ageod teams up with the Sealed Knot Society for the English Civil War! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ageod teams up with the Sealed Knot Society for the Eng... - 3/24/2017 1:53:11 PM   
Daniele

Ageod Games is very proud to announce a collaboration with the Sealed Knot Society – the largest re-enactment society in Europe – in support of the upcoming English Civil War game.

We truly appreciate their efforts in keeping alive the memory of this conflict and its heritage, and with their experience we hope to make the English Civil War game the most historically accurate wargame for PC about this fascinating setting.

“The Sealed Knot is the oldest re-enactment society in the UK, a registered educational charity, and the single biggest re-enactment society in Europe […] The aims of the Society are not to glorify war, but to honourthose that died in the many battles of the English Civil War, and to educate the public about those wars, and also about the lives and times of people in that period.” (From the Sealed Knot site)

"The development of this game will assist the Sealed Knot in its 50-year charitable obligation to educate the public in the importance of this period of British history. A period in which a nation was forged and the seeds of modern democracy were sown in this important period of British and world history. A period in which families were divided by their beliefs in how a nation should be forged and the percentage of lives lost per head of population in this conflict was greater than those of WW1." (Paul Eaglestone, Lord General, commanding the Army of Parliament in Sealed Knot re-enactments)

Click here to know more about the Sealed Knot Society and their events!

Stay tuned for further updates!

Post #: 1
RE: Ageod teams up with the Sealed Knot Society for the... - 3/27/2017 4:54:29 PM   
DEB

This is very good news re the potential historical accuracy of many elements of the game.

FYI I went to a re-enactment of the Battle of Landsdown ( near Bath ) around 1973 ( whilst in my early teens ).
It was great ! I have walked, cycled and driven the Cornish troops advance route many times. IMHO they were truly heroic that day.

[ At the time I lived within 2-3 miles of the Battle site. In fact, I still do, despite a move to another nearby village in 1975.
I can now see the Battle site every day ( from my bedroom window ). Not planned, just lucky ! ]

< Message edited by DEB -- 3/27/2017 4:57:39 PM >

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Ageod teams up with the Sealed Knot Society for the... - 4/3/2017 6:57:41 PM   
Leibst

Deb, soon you will command the Cornish infantry with Hopton and Grenville.

Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com

(in reply to DEB)
Post #: 3
RE: Ageod teams up with the Sealed Knot Society for the... - 4/10/2017 4:31:11 PM   
DEB

I hope so...

[ Depends if it will play on my Windows 7 Laptop ( or my Windows Vista PC ) ! ]

(in reply to Leibst)
Post #: 4
RE: Ageod teams up with the Sealed Knot Society for the... - 4/11/2017 1:36:05 AM   
OldSarge

Glad to see the support for historical re-enactors! They do a great service by creating a living history and giving us a glimpse into the day to day life of the common soldier of the period.

Looking forward to the eventual release of ECW!

(in reply to DEB)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> English Civil War >> Ageod teams up with the Sealed Knot Society for the English Civil War! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI