Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign Serie: Middle East 1948-1985 Guide for Modders!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Campaign Serie: Middle East 1948-1985 Guide for Modders! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign Serie: Middle East 1948-1985 Guide for Modders! - 9/7/2017 10:11:40 AM   
Muso

Hello everyone!
Today, for our “Community Content” format, we wanted to highlight the extraordinary work made by Crossroads (who is actually one of the developers) for Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985!

The devs of Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 always did their best to let their game be as modders-friendly as possible, in order to let the community always have fun playing and creating new contents, and this is why they created this amazing guide to help everyone, from newcomers to veterans, learn and further their knowledge regarding the modding world.

You can also find a list of a bunch of mods for the game itself, hurry up and check it out!

So go on and enjoy this thread, and if you have any question don’t hesitate and ask! The devs will do their best to answer as soon as possible!

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 1/31/2018 10:19:52 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Campaign Serie: Middle East 1948-1985 Guide for Mod... - 9/9/2017 7:07:28 AM   
Crossroads

From today's BETA build:

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

Campaign Series: Middle East Betas 20170908 released.

Beta test builds for:

• meorg (OOB editor)
  • memap (map editor)
  • meedit (scenario editor)
  • me (actual game)
  • Middle East (game etc. launcher)

The 20170908 betas are test builds, but they should all be fully functional. Try them with Middle East only.

New features in this release (since the Betas 20170906 release):

snip

• When launched from the frontend, the game engine defaults to -X NoEncryption for solo, H2H & campaign play (while for PBEM and NetPlay, no -X option, use of encrypted files still applies).

snip

• In layman's language what Berto did here is that with CSME 2.0, when the game is launched in "local mode", i.e. for game play vs HAL or as a hot seat swapping sides on one computer, the game will be using unencrypted data files.

What ever you mod, will be available to you immediately.

PBEM and LAN play will continue to use encrypted files to ensure data is not altered by any side.

(in reply to Muso)
    Post #: 2
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Campaign Serie: Middle East 1948-1985 Guide for Modders! Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI