Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 10/14/2019 6:52:48 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Falcon,

That is an older link that is no longer necessary.

If you are having issues with the checkout process of the Free DLC I would suggest contacting Matrix Support as they should be able to help you sort it out.

Hubert

(in reply to Falcon1)
Post #: 91
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 12/8/2019 9:52:17 PM   
MPHopcroft1

How does the A3R mod work? I tried to start it (as a bit of a lark) and have run into trouble the first turn with the invasion of Poland appearing to stall. Overwhelming attacks that would shatter units in 3R leave defenders in place and I'm not sure how.

How much of SC's mechanics are retained in the A3R mod?

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.

"Without Love, I'd have no Anger. I wouldn't believe in Righteousness" -- Bernie Taupin

(in reply to Falcon1)
Post #: 92
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 12/9/2019 3:35:59 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: MPHopcroft1
How does the A3R mod work? I tried to start it (as a bit of a lark) and have run into trouble the first turn with the invasion of Poland appearing to stall. Overwhelming attacks that would shatter units in 3R leave defenders in place and I'm not sure how.
How much of SC's mechanics are retained in the A3R mod?

You are welcome to discuss this on my latest mod post at HERE

So, A3R does retain SC game mechanics, so attacks need to be orchestrated (sequenced) like in SC: air strikes, infantry attacks, armor attacks, etc. It should be pretty easy to destroy most of the Polish defenders on first turn and possibly take Warsaw to force surrender. Usually takes a couple of turns, and occasionally the campaign drags into October if there is bad weather or surviving units continue to fight.

My Design Notes further discuss how the old boardgame is adapted to the SC game engine. It's not a perfect recreation by any means because it just can't, but most things are there and should be familiar to veterans of the boardgame. Good luck!

(in reply to MPHopcroft1)
Post #: 93
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 9/6/2020 9:22:03 AM   
klink1944

Hi,
I have some issues using the iron cros mod 4.6 counters (I love it ) and the community's scenarios . eg in fall Weiss II : italian mountain uit is replace by a cavalry counter (with the mountain stats). So is there any chance to see an update to make them fully compatible ?

Thanks

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 94
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 9/7/2020 10:10:52 PM   
Hubert Cater

Glad to hear you are exploring the community content a bit Klink1944. For the Iron Cross Mod, I believe this is doubtful at this point, unfortunately.

(in reply to klink1944)
Post #: 95
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 9/10/2020 1:21:32 PM   
Lindsey

Hi,

So, is there a definitive clear way to have this mod with the Steam version ?

Thanks

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 96
RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content - 9/10/2020 1:43:19 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Lindsey,

If you navigate to the Steam Library page for Strategic Command WWII War in Europe there should be a DLC section for the game labelled 'Community Pack'. If you click on the 'Manage My DLC' link it should open a screen where you can enable/disable the DLC. Clicking off the 'Enable' box should do the job for you here.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to Lindsey)
Post #: 97
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: Community Content Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI