Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: DXWnd made easy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: DXWnd made easy Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DXWnd made easy - 12/5/2020 11:06:11 PM   
simovitch

quote:

Download and install v2_05_50_build version of DXWnd. Other versions may not work!

Did you download and install just the v2_05_50_build version of DXWnd? Other versions may not work with the configuration included in the game.

simovitch

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 31
RE: DXWnd made easy - 12/27/2020 11:17:38 PM   
Turbo624

Great speedup for me.

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 32
RE: DXWnd made easy - 3/2/2021 9:18:14 PM   
palioboy2

Will this make a prformance difference if I am installing the game on an old rig that still has windows 7?

(in reply to Turbo624)
Post #: 33
RE: DXWnd made easy - 3/3/2021 9:51:17 PM   
simovitch

You are golden with W7, no need to run it through dxwnd, I doubt you will see any performance jump.

simovitch

(in reply to palioboy2)
Post #: 34
RE: DXWnd made easy - 4/29/2021 10:23:29 AM   
Chris21wen

Got all the usual stuff about this game, full screen not working if you tab out or have two monitors etc. Windows mode way to small for default res of computer. Barring this thing the game works find.

What I want to do is simply increase the window size, I'm not talking extremes here, so downloaded DXWnd. OK but how the heck do you install it. Am I being a bit thick, is it obvious? I can find no install exe nor does it say anything in the RAR file to tell you how to do it.

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 35
RE: DXWnd made easy - 4/29/2021 12:22:42 PM   
simovitch

quote:

OK but how the heck do you install it.

I probably shouldn't have used the word "install". Once you unzip the rar file, you have installed it on your machine. It does not create desktop shortcuts and the like so...

Find the folder where "dxwnd.exe" now resides and create a shortcut from that file to your desktop. Of course you can just double left-click dxwnd.exe right there and will start it up as well, but you may get tired of looking for it every time.

Hope this helps.

< Message edited by simovitch -- 4/29/2021 3:48:23 PM >

simovitch

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 36
RE: DXWnd made easy - 4/29/2021 8:13:55 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

quote:

OK but how the heck do you install it.

I probably shouldn't have used the word "install". Once you unzip the rar file, you have installed it on your machine. It does not create desktop shortcuts and the like so...

Find the folder where "dxwnd.exe" now resides and create a shortcut from that file to your desktop. Of course you can just double left-click dxwnd.exe right there and will start it up as well, but you may get tired of looking for it every time.

Hope this helps.

got thanks

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 37
RE: DXWnd made easy - 8/7/2021 2:28:28 PM   
simovitch

Just a reminder that for dxwnd to work you will need to "clear compatibility flags" from the dxwnd ->tools menu after installing any official patches from Matrix.

I wish I could figure out haw to get this game to work better post-Windows 8 without dxwnd, but I'm just not that savvy.

simovitch

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 38
RE: DXWnd made easy - 11/17/2021 11:56:54 AM   
Tailspintommy

Well I bought and installed this game yesterday. Updated and ran it as it came and it was definitely laggy (Windows 10)
It took me a while to figure out how and where to unzip the rar file for dxwnd and then another while to realise that I had to actually put the game in there to open it but that's just me being technologically challenged, as usual and my go to I.T. expert (9 yr old grandchild) wasn't around to "Stop grandad saying naughty words" as she puts it.

Anyway, it's all sorted now and the dxwnd certainly makes a big difference on my machine. The slow, jerky, lagging has gone and the game is plenty big enough to see... Huge thanks, simovitch.

Now I'm off to read the 'destructions' and see how to go about doing a better job of clearing the skies for Sealion than old Herman did back in 1940.

"Never fire a shot before coffee"

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 39
RE: DXWnd made easy - 11/29/2021 12:51:22 AM   
Shkwaug

I used Dxwnd and the game seems to work much better than just right after installed. I am even running Windows 11!

To clarify some points I found unclear in the instructions, if you install the game in a directory than default, after step 4 (importing the EDBTR.dxw file) to change the path right click on the file in dxwnd, and click modify. Then change the path from the default path on the screen that comes up.

If you get "Error 5", right clicking on the dxwnd executable and running as an administrator allows you to clear the compatibility flags.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 40
RE: DXWnd made easy - 12/19/2021 1:31:07 PM   
simovitch

So after playing on my laptop I finally loaded the game full screen with dxwnd on my big 42" monitor and yeah... was disappointed with the graphics. So I played around with the Dxwnd settings for EDBTR (rt-click -> modify) and found that checking the "full bilinear filter" under DirectX tab and the "Run in Window" and "keep aspect ratio" on the main tab really helped! and you can access your window side menus. Here is a screen capture from my 42" monitor.

Attachment (1)

simovitch

(in reply to Shkwaug)
Post #: 41
RE: DXWnd made easy - 12/19/2021 1:32:16 PM   
simovitch

And here are the settings in Dxwnd:

Attachment (1)

simovitch

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 42
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> RE: DXWnd made easy Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI