Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER WISH LIST

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER WISH LIST Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 9/15/2019 8:18:04 PM   
XLVIIIPzKorp

Thanks Petri. You know me, always have to mess around with something.

Working on the Brits with the Yanks too.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 31
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 9/15/2019 11:27:35 PM   
Big Ivan

XLVIIIPzKorp,

That is some sweet work you got there! Nice, very nice indeed!!!!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to XLVIIIPzKorp)
Post #: 32
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 9/16/2019 6:17:21 PM   
XLVIIIPzKorp

Thanks Big Ivan. Appreciate the comments. In another area I've been putting aerial recognition flags on captured equipment, particularly in N. Afrika. I almost exclusively play CS in 3D, so I'm always mucking about trying to increase the visual appeal.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 33
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/4/2019 3:37:46 PM   
ruppert29

A better mouse cursor. On some color backgrounds (desert or forest) the + as a mouse cursor for the map area is next to impossible to see. Is there a way to change it in game?

Post #: 34
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/4/2019 10:37:53 PM   
fritzfarlig

missing to see when a russian truck is unloaded not easy to spot

(in reply to ruppert29)
Post #: 35
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/5/2019 12:04:25 AM   
XLVIIIPzKorp

Soviet trucks were already done by Matto on the Blitz. And my thanks to him for his excellent Soviet Truck mod.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to fritzfarlig)
Post #: 36
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/19/2019 3:04:17 AM   
Lysus

I wish, I wish it was out! Historical OOB'S

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Lysus -- 10/19/2019 3:10:52 AM >

Post #: 37
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/19/2019 3:49:00 AM   
Jason Petho

We'll get there, need to finish Vietnam first!

(in reply to Lysus)
Post #: 38
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/24/2019 1:08:54 AM   
The_Good_Captain

1) A sound after a successful starshell fires of that sizzling noise they actually make instead of that "pffft" noise. I know there are star clusters and other forms of illumination so not a biggy, just sayin'.
2) A campaign tree for LCGs...it would be nice to see where you can and cannot go in the campaign based on your victory level. The old Panzer General games released this in their strategy guide.

3) Pretty much everything that has been posted so far. Really cool ideas all around!

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 39
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/29/2019 6:13:48 AM   
Lysus

Actually, now that I think about it, are divisional insignias out of the question? Lead elements of 3. Panzer-Division '39

Attachment (1)

(in reply to The_Good_Captain)
Post #: 40
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/29/2019 2:24:07 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

are divisional insignias out of the question?

Yes, they are.

(in reply to Lysus)
Post #: 41
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/29/2019 5:07:38 PM   
XLVIIIPzKorp

Jason, a quick question from an old grog that remembers the ASDN patch.

Whatever happened to including the modified retreat of armor. Specifically if a vehicle was forced to retreat due to enemy fire, the vehicle would, after retreat, readjust their facing so their frontal armor faced the direction of the fire. I always thought that was one of the best aspects of the patch. I know other aspects such as units sometimes remaining hidden after fire have been incorporated a while ago. Is there any chance of implementing the vehicle retreat aspect?

Post #: 42
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/30/2019 2:45:50 AM   
Lysus

That made me laugh. Give me -basecell3d value "99999", and I'll make it happen. Let me dust off the ol'photoshop!

Post #: 43
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/30/2019 2:23:25 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

That made me laugh. Give me -basecell3d value "99999", and I'll make it happen. Let me dust off the ol'photoshop!

We have for East Front III, but I have burned through nearly all the ID's for Germany already since we've made it so there are separate bases for the following: Luftwaffe, DAK, SS, Wehrmacht and GD.

(in reply to Lysus)
Post #: 44
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/31/2019 12:58:24 AM   
Lysus

Just seeing the multiple bases on the same map is going to be epic in it's own right. I've looked over some of the OOB's you've posted, and it's like reading Nafziger, it's a beautiful thing. A+

Post #: 45
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 10/31/2019 1:16:14 AM   
Jason Petho

Thank you, Lysus!

Of course, there are some issues with Nafziger, but was definitely a good starting point for the OOB's!

(in reply to Lysus)
Post #: 46
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 1/22/2020 3:30:49 PM   
ruppert29

Couple of wishlist suggestions, one of which might have been mentioned.

1) Could we have a compass heading on the maps? I like that I can rotate a map which came in handy when the scenario description said Axis was driving to the south but all the units and enemies were on the northern part of the map.
2) Really wish Find org was better highlighted so i could straighten out my supply chain. Some of the units are at the bottom of a stack of units and can barely see them.
3) different colors for divisions and/or regiments
4) really difficult for the spanish civil war scenarios when the color the nationals and republic units were too close to same color

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 47
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 1/22/2020 3:40:34 PM   
Jason Petho

Great suggestions, Ruppert!

(in reply to ruppert29)
Post #: 48
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 2/21/2020 11:44:25 AM   
ruppert29

I would like the EXCELLENT shading for highlighting movement or visibility. Found it in the East Front scenario Into the Night. I am tired of shading like light gray on white, light yellow on green, darker tan on tan, this really stands out and makes it much much clearer. Maybe allow option to change shading. Would attach a png but I do not see attaching option

Post #: 49
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 6/24/2020 1:02:03 AM   
Fierce

I've been away from the JTCS games for many years now, busy putting kids through college, and am circling back! That's what's awesome, it's timeless.
I just saw this thread and hope it's still active cause I really would like a couple of things changed. It made my day!!!!

I highly agree with everything above with 2 important changes that I didn't see mentioned.

1. Please stop leaders and non-combat units from preventing a retreat when a unit is assaulted and make it more realistic and cut down on captures.
If a leader or truck etc. circles around just for this purpose it should be subject to capture allowing an assaulted unit access to that hex.
This should also apply to a lone leader used in the assault from an opposing hex. That hex should still be a viable retreat hex.
Even stationary units like empty bicycles, motorcycles, etc. in an adjacent hex should not block a retreat.
Some players game the system this way. When was the last time a lone leader fended off a retreating platoon?

2. Leaders should be subject to op-fire just like any other combat unit when it's alone and moving through empty hexes. Let me count the times I could have picked these leaders off as they went by.

Just my 2c worth.

After all these years I still love the old tactical games.

(in reply to ruppert29)
Post #: 50
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 6/24/2020 9:27:31 AM   
ruppert29

Another wishlist concerns scenario suggestion, we need more 'important' battles to show up in the picks. I am working my thru the East Front scenarios and it is disappointing that the really historic scenarios are skipped over or only touched briefly. First days of Barbarossa, Smolensk, Dvina, Kiev, Bryansk, Leningrad, Moscow, Crimea, Kharkov, Rostov, Stalingrad, Kursk need more. The inclusion of Rumanian, Finnish other minor allies is good for inclusion but we need more meet. Maybe mods could up the scenario selections.

(in reply to Fierce)
Post #: 51
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 6/26/2020 7:19:39 AM   
fritzfarlig

that looks good

Post #: 52
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 7/13/2021 9:02:04 PM   
edward77

Just checking progress on EFIII. I notice there is no mention of scenario designers wish list. Map creation can be very tedious and time consuming. Could I start the ball rolling by asking for a transparent template map similar to Order of Battle or Panzer Corps.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 53
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 12/2/2021 10:54:25 PM   
seanny

I was curious too about ETA of these reworked East,West Front games?

(in reply to edward77)
Post #: 54
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 12/3/2021 4:37:51 AM   
terminator

quote:

ORIGINAL: edward77

Just checking progress on EFIII. I notice there is no mention of scenario designers wish list. Map creation can be very tedious and time consuming. Could I start the ball rolling by asking for a transparent template map similar to Order of Battle or Panzer Corps.

As in Germany at War also:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by terminator -- 12/3/2021 4:39:29 AM >

(in reply to edward77)
Post #: 55
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 12/3/2021 7:56:48 AM   
Jason Petho

We don't have an ETA yet on the East Front III 1939-1941, the first of the World War II series.

We do have a release date for Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967, which is January 20th, 2022.

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 12/3/2021 7:57:26 AM >

(in reply to terminator)
Post #: 56
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 12/22/2021 6:30:49 PM   
insidius

Is Campaign Series Vietnam going to use the same engine as the current Campaign Series games?

< Message edited by insidius -- 12/22/2021 6:32:13 PM >

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 57
RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER ... - 12/22/2021 6:54:42 PM   
Jason Petho

No, it is not, it is vastly different than the current JTCS games.

Take a look at the manual and check out Section 6.2 to see all the improvements we've been doing.

The manual is definitely worth a read!

(in reply to insidius)
Post #: 58
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: Campaign Series EFIII, WFII and Pacific Front USER WISH LIST Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI