Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta - 3/2/2021 4:06:01 PM   
ledrobi

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive, the fourth wargame in the Decisive Campaign series by VR Designs, is looking for beta testers. Covering the battles in the Ardennes between December 1944 and January 1945, it brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level.

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive comes with dozens of additions, changes and improvements designed to fit its scale and to bring innovation to the series. The result is an extremely immersive operational wargame where, more than ever, intelligent tactics can beat the odds.

If you're curious to know more, here's a glimpse of what we've been working on lately.
Post #: 1
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta - 5/10/2021 4:23:51 AM   
ranknfile

I am a Beta tester for a (very successful) computer games company, have been for years. So I know what's expected (their NDA is quite strict, I cannot reveal any more than that).

I have been playing hex-based games since the mid-70s.
I have pretty much played all the popular hex-based PC games (primarily Tiller's games, but all three DC games, and Grigsby's games as well).

I am retired and am currently playing WitE2 several hours each day.
I could instead be spending several hours each day testing DC: Ardennes for bugs, glitches, misspellings, etc.

Up to you.

< Message edited by ranknfile -- 5/10/2021 4:30:58 AM >

(in reply to ledrobi)
Post #: 2
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta - 5/20/2021 3:57:01 PM   
Vic

Thanks for the interest, but sadly (or happily) we have more volunteers than tester slots at the moment.

No reply basically means you have not been picked yet.

Thanks for applying though.

There will still be a few rounds of extra testers being added the coming months.

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to ranknfile)
Post #: 3
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta - 5/21/2021 7:12:52 PM   
ranknfile

Not a problem. Looking forward to the game's release. I say that about many titles in these forums, but I look forward to none more so than this one! When it is released, my WitE2 campaign will be put on hold (assuming that is what I will be playing), so I can devote my time playing DC: Ardennes.

I actually removed my Beta request (thinking the Beta was over <I should know better! It's never over! Tweeks; fixes; DLCs; etc.>), but will re-apply. I actually have not participated in the Betas the last two years for the company I have been a Beta tester for many years, since I never get to play a scenario without playing it - perhaps many times over during Beta- before the scenario is fully ready to play. In a way, being a Beta tester is an honor. In another way, it sort of ruins the joy of playing the game.

So I will re-apply; whether I get picked or not really does not matter to me, as there are pros and cons either way!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta - 9/12/2021 1:32:38 AM   
ranknfile

Vic,
You sent me a survey concerning the limited percentage of Beta testers providing feedback in the Beta forum.
You want to know why.
For me, it is because I was not accepted as a Beta tester.

I play computer games every day; maybe 20 to 40 hours a week (I am retired).
Let me test, I will provide feedback.

< Message edited by ranknfile -- 9/12/2021 1:33:17 AM >

(in reply to ranknfile)
Post #: 5
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta - 9/12/2021 4:47:50 PM   
c00k1e

Yes. I got that email too, spent the next hour searching thru spam folders thinking I’d missed something, but no, no beta invite was anywhere to be seen.

Stephen

Why be a cog in the machine, when you can be a spanner in the works...

(in reply to ranknfile)
Post #: 6
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta - 9/13/2021 3:58:38 PM   
Vic

The survey showed me about a third of the respondents never received their invitation. We are going to send those out again tomorrow!

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to c00k1e)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive - Join the beta Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI