Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shadow Empire adds Custom Formation Types in v1.09

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire adds Custom Formation Types in v1.09 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shadow Empire adds Custom Formation Types in v1.09 - 5/3/2021 12:40:10 PM   
Edmon

Shadow Empire v1.09 has now arrived, bringing with it many fixes and improvements. Vic has been listening intently to your feedback and this patch brings with it many community requested rule finetunings. Additionally, the manual has been fully updated to reflect all the changes and keep you informed and on top of your game.

Customized Formation Types

You can now call your Staff Council Director to discuss customized Formation Types.

Your Staff Council now has a Customize Formation Types task. If you allocate Bureaucratic Points (BP) to it you’ll start amassing a new resource: Customization Points. These can be used to call the Director of the Staff Council and instruct him to customize an existing Formation Type.

Any regular Formation Type you have discovered and operationalized can be customized.

Customization makes it possible to organizationally deviate from the fixed Formation Types discovered and operationalized by your Staff Council. Both Individual and multi-unit Formation Types can both be customized.

Here an example of a customized Infantry Brigade with added motorcycles.

Even customized Formation Types can be further customized. This however, comes at an increasingly higher cost, as you’ll customize upon a customization.

Many Rule and Balance Fine-tunings
This v1.09 patch also implemented a dozen or more community requests and ideas which inspired Vic. Included in this patch are improvements such as: manpower rebates for raising trucks, APCs and buggies; gas-powered weapon improvements and gauss rifle improvements. These changes shallow the technology curve and make rushing for Laser weapons less of a game winning strategy.

You can check out the fine details on our forums, where a full patch notes transcript will be available.

Additionally, the manual will always contain the latest details. You can find that here.
Post #: 1
RE: Shadow Empire adds Custom Formation Types in v1.09 - 5/14/2021 4:19:39 AM   
misterprimus

Do these custom formations (which contain multiple unit types) get reinforced automatically provided I build the missing type of unit and can deliver it? I think in the past I had issues with the units never reinforcing and showing a less than 100% "integrity."

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 2
RE: Shadow Empire adds Custom Formation Types in v1.09 - 5/14/2021 5:12:05 AM   
sillygoy

I know you can add reinforcements to a ToE, but can you delete some of the default units to make a truly custom formation?

(in reply to misterprimus)
Post #: 3
RE: Shadow Empire adds Custom Formation Types in v1.09 - 5/14/2021 11:42:06 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: misterprimus

Do these custom formations (which contain multiple unit types) get reinforced automatically provided I build the missing type of unit and can deliver it? I think in the past I had issues with the units never reinforcing and showing a less than 100% "integrity."

They should, given that the Formation is how the game decides who to reinfroce with what.
However there are still bugs with Reinforcement being reported - the latest were immobile units not getting reinforcements, Air OHQ's not having a operation Range and some part of the Reinforcement step not using Operational Logistics at all.

(in reply to misterprimus)
Post #: 4
RE: Shadow Empire adds Custom Formation Types in v1.09 - 11/1/2021 9:41:27 PM   
Khanti

1.09 (NOT beta)
1. Some motorized or mechanized formations have wrong numbers of trucks/apcs.
2. Adding custom formations to some of them do NOT increase numbers of trucks/apcs - making it pointless. Why adding flak guns to motorized infantry without additional trucks?

Ad2: when adding FLAKS - custom mot/mech formations do not add trucks/apcs for them, so it's pointless to add flaks to that formations - they lose all mobility

The same with adding infantry to motorized flak battalions. Trucks were not added making them slow moving formations.

< Message edited by Khanti -- 11/6/2021 6:50:44 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire adds Custom Formation Types in v1.09 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI