Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How to Start a PBEM Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: How to Start a PBEM Game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How to Start a PBEM Game - 11/14/2008 5:16:50 PM   
Charbroiled

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

quote:

ORIGINAL: jerrylt2008

Ok as I am playing the allies, how do i process the witp001.wps file? I know I just have to load the saved game file witp001.pws file, but the other? Thanks.

As allies, you should recieve AS A MINIMUM from the Japanese player, 2 files...the witp001.pws and the witp(save#).pws, where (save#) is the number you and your opponent agreed to save the game.

Move both of these to your C:\Matrix\Witp\Saves directory (if you use the default path). Start the game and load 001, combat save. Watch the action. It should automatically create the combat file, the operation file, and the intel file. After it is done, the game should go the main menu screen. Load the save number you and your opponent agreed to save the game too. Give your orders....execute the turn....send the witp(save#).pws to your opponent.

OK, I'm short on coffee this morning , so I apologize in advance for my slowness.

I'm getting ready to Take The Plunge

I clear my entire Saved Games directory ( just to be safe, I know it's not neccesary).

I take the 2 files my Japanese opponent sends me, the witp001.pws and the witp003.pws files (from the example), and copy them into the C:\Matrix\Witp\Saves directory.

I start WITP, select PBEM, select load game, & load witp001.pws, enter password, watch the action.

No password is needed to watch the combat replay (the .001 file)

quote:

Game goes to main menu.

Load witp003.pws , password, give orders, (and I get confused here) hit the little red button & watch my turn execute?

You watched the previous turn execute when you loaded the .001 file. As the allies, once you load the .003 turn, you enter your password, give order, execute, then email. You will not see the execution of that turn until the Japan player sends you the .001 in the next email.

"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: How to Start a PBEM Game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI