Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles In Italy >> Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky - 5/26/2005 4:17:58 PM   
JSS

Run5 has released two free downloads for Battles in Italy:

1. The updated Patton Master of Battle featuring a fully updated version of the campaign and a new alternate campaign titled "Uncle Joe's Advice".

2. A 39 turn free landing variant of the Operation Husky scenario.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Post #: 1
RE: Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky - 7/16/2005 4:05:10 AM   
Rob Gjessing

There are now 7 scenarios available for download for Battles in Italy over at the SSG/Run5 website.

Isn't that bizarre?

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 2
RE: Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky - 7/17/2005 1:26:06 AM   
Kipper

These are all PBEM, right?

Kipper

(in reply to Rob Gjessing)
Post #: 3
RE: Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky - 7/17/2005 3:49:28 AM   
Rob Gjessing

No some of them have AI.. check each of the individual scenario pages and they will indicate if the scenario is PBEM or AI or both.

(in reply to Kipper)
Post #: 4
RE: Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky - 7/17/2005 5:48:55 AM   
JSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kipper

These are all PBEM, right?

Kipper

Actually, the giant War in Europe beta is the only one of the seven without an AI opponent.

(in reply to Kipper)
Post #: 5
RE: Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky - 7/17/2005 6:31:54 AM   
sabre100

Does the McArthur one for BiI have AI? I downloaded it and tried to play against computer the game crashed on me. I tried the same with War In Europe and that also crashed but that would make sense as no AI is there.

Not knowing anything about scenario authoring but how hard is it to add AI? The War in Europe MOD with AI would be a game in itself.

Thanks

< Message edited by sabre100 -- 7/17/2005 6:32:13 AM >

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 6
RE: Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky - 7/17/2005 7:30:54 AM   
JSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre100

Does the McArthur one for BiI have AI? I downloaded it and tried to play against computer the game crashed on me. I tried the same with War In Europe and that also crashed but that would make sense as no AI is there.

Not knowing anything about scenario authoring but how hard is it to add AI? The War in Europe MOD with AI would be a game in itself.

Thanks

Yes, it does. You have to download the full battle from the Run5 scenario page (~20 MB). You should have files named: Allied1 Invade.aiy and Axis1 Defend.aix. If you don't have them send me a PM.

Normally trying to play the AI without the files results in the AI essentially freezing up the game. If you downloaded the BII MacArthur v1.01 files off the Run5 forums and tried to play, you will get Crash to Desktop (CTD)... the scenariopicts.xcr is not with the update files... any battle without the mandatory scenariopicts.xcr will CTD.

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 7
RE: Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky - 7/17/2005 9:06:46 PM   
sabre100

Hi JSS -

I did download the scenario from Run5 Scenarios page and it is missing the files. It is only 15MB download size and not 20MB as you suggested. Maybe Run5 can add the full download? I will PM you now for the missing files thanks so much

(in reply to JSS)
Post #: 8
RE: Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky - 7/18/2005 12:16:18 AM   
sabre100

Thanks JSS for sending those two files I got them, However I already had those files so they must have been included with the RUN5 download. I will need to test this scenario out more to make sure I dont get a CTD. Thanks for all the help, I copied your files into the scenario directory overwriting the old one's anyways just in case.

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 9
RE: Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky - 4/8/2006 7:12:33 PM   
JSS

Patton Master of Battle for BII update (v1.11) has just been released on Run5.

Update includes a completely new, fully functional & competitive AI (both sides) for the two campaign scenarios and two new scenarios:

- Shock Force! 3d Shock Army... 21 turn scenario focused on Russian opening assualt in the Northern half of the game. Fully competitive AI for both sides included.

- Attack! 8th Guards Army... 21 turn scenario focused on Russian opening assualt in the Southern half of the game. AI for this scenario, while completed, is not released at this time (still has an unresolved teething issue).

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles In Italy >> Run5 Free Releases - Patton & 39 turn Husky Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI