Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign Series ME: World at War Online

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Campaign Series ME: World at War Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign Series ME: World at War Online - 12/30/2005 9:22:06 PM   
GenChaos33

How about a wild & crazy idea? Make CS a whole world ar war online experience! First, all players willing to play must register with site and pick what side(axis or allied) they want to play. A few of the players are promoted/nominated to Field Marshal. The FMs then have control of a set of Army level units and move them as they see fit. When two opposing Army meet on the overall map, a scenario is created based on where on map and strength of the army units. The FMs on both sided assigns player(s) to the scenario. Then those players have a time limit to finish that scenario by email or online play using the original game engine. The winner of scenario wins the region, loser retreats.

It would be like a single player campaign game, but linked with everybody else and how well they play too. Would nice to have a whole world war going at one time, but that would need a lot of players. Maybe have to start out in just certain theaters. Like a complete Invasion of France 1940 or Barbarossa or South Pacific?, etc.

Just an idea! What you think? GC
Post #: 1
RE: Campaign Series ME: World at War Online - 1/22/2006 5:19:04 PM   
SGT Swanson

Been there done that.... In the Frontline War gaming Club. Only, we did it as tourneys.

SGT Swanson
U.S. Army, Infantry
B Co 4/502d Inf. Berlin BDE (87-90)
A Co 5/502d Inf. Berlin BDE (90-93)
B Co 2/502d Inf. 101st Airborne Div. (93-95)

"Because freedom is NEVER free!!"

(in reply to GenChaos33)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Campaign Series ME: World at War Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI