Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War Plan Orange 1.151 Update Released

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> War Plan Orange 1.151 Update Released Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War Plan Orange 1.151 Update Released - 12/29/2005 5:24:28 PM   
Tankerace

Version 1.15 Brings Better AI, Balance Changes, and Data Updates

Matrix Games together with 2by3 Games (www.2by3games.com) and Justin Prince Designs deliver an update to the new War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 – 1930. Following World War I, The United States, fearing the worst, developed a system of plans for a potential war in the Pacific against Japan. In the real world most of these plans never saw the light of day, but in War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, the conflicts that the planners envisioned actually occurred.

This update focuses on fixing some minor AI issues as well as bringing a lot of new balance changes into the game. Many units have had minor adjustments made to their armor and weapons to more accurately portray the historic units of the years between great wars. In total there are over 59 documented changes to specific units and behaviors, all of which can be viewed from the change history within the patch.

Gone are the strategic bombers and large carrier task forces. In their place are dreadnoughts, battleships, battlecruisers and biplanes. Face off ships from World War I and the inter-war years, including (depending on the scenario) hypothetical ships such as the Battlecruiser Lexington, the 18” South Dakota Class, the British G3 and the Japanese Kii.

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, from the team that brought you the critically acclaimed historical air, naval and land combat wargame War in the Pacific, puts you in control of Japan or the Allies (including The United States, Great Britain, The Commonwealth, France and the Netherlands) in a hypothetical post-World War I conflict that would have reshaped the future of the world. Enjoy the historical accuracy and meticulous attention to detail through one of the most immersive strategic and operational wargame engines ever created.

Two campaigns with three variants each as well as two smaller scenarios (eight scenarios total) cover two hypothetical wars in the decade of the 1920s.

War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922-1930, while using the War in the Pacific engine developed by 2by3 Games, is in itself an entirely different game with a very different combat dynamic and eight new scenarios, including multi-year campaigns, to play against the AI or by e-mail with a human opponent.

Available at this link: ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/warplanorange/WarPlanOrange-UpdateRelease-v1151.zip

This patch includes all of 1.13's fixes, plus a few additional fixes (such as the Yarmouth bug, spelling of the cruiser Abukuma, and a few other errors).

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 12/30/2005 4:05:31 PM >

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.
Post #: 1
RE: War Plan Orange 1.151 Update Released - 12/29/2005 7:00:05 PM   
jwilkerson

If these are just database fixes can't we just install 1.1.5.1 on top of 1.1.3 that we ( some of us anyway ) already installed ?

Or do we have to do fresh install from the beginning ... ?

Thx

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 2
RE: War Plan Orange 1.151 Update Released - 12/30/2005 4:53:57 AM   
Tankerace

You can just install over it. To date, there are no code changes.

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> War Plan Orange 1.151 Update Released Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI