Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RHS is a test bed - so it is risky

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RHS is a test bed - so it is risky Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RHS is a test bed - so it is risky - 1/9/2006 5:58:45 PM   
el cid again

It is intended as a way to get testing of risky reforms which may or may not work well. While it is more conservative about history, it is more liberal about risking changes to devices and other things which may result in unanticipated issues. It is for those who wish to address significant technical performance issues in WITP - high altitude performance - endurance of ships - supply generation issues - etc - and are willing to experiment in the full knowledge that some of the changes may not work as intended. It is the way to find out IF they work as intended. IF they do, they may get borrowed by CHS or Matrix or private mods of anyone. This is the intent, so it is perfectly OK, and files will be posted to permit such borrowings, or sent on request.
Post #: 1
RHS Scenario Designations (Preliminary) - 1/10/2006 8:42:06 AM   
el cid again

RHS41A: The campaign game with major ship versions optimized for aircraft carriers. Thus, Ibuki is a CVL, and Shinano a CV. Lots of similar things. You cannot know that Shinano will be completed at all - I for one will never pay for her - but you can know that this enemy is air oriented and is likey to build every possible carrier it thinks is useful. Chitose and Chiyoda will build as CVLs right away (because they could have).

RHS41B: The campaign game with major ship versions optimized for "battleships" (meaning gunships). Thus, Ibuki is a CA, and Shinano a BB. You still cannot know that Shinano will be completed at all - I for one will never pay for her - but can know that this enemy is run by battleship admirals and is likely to build every possible gunship it thinks is useful. Chitose and Chiyoda will build as CVS (because they did). This is the most historical option - IF Shinano and Ibuki really converted, that was not the plan when the war began. Had Midway occurred later in time, or not at all, those conversions are unlikely and impractical. Japan will start with Kii (Hull 111, sister of Shinano) building - both in modified form with different AAA. US will start with all six Iowas building. That sort of thing.

RHS42CoralSeaStart: A campaign game with historical events up to Coral Sea, starting with that campaign. Because it is pre Midway, it uses 41B type ship options - ships will stay gunships.

RHS43GilbertsStart: A campaign with historical events up to the offensive in the Central Pacific, starting with that campaign. Because it is post Midway, it uses 41A ship types - ships will convert to carriers.

RHS44MarianasStart: A campaign game with historical events up to the Marianas. The idea is that you get to redo that campaign and then go on from there.

RHS45IwoJimaStart: A campaign game with historical events up to the Iwo Jima campaign. The idea is that you get to redo that campaign and then go on from there.

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 2
RE: RHS Scenario Designations (Preliminary) - 1/10/2006 1:36:52 PM   
Tristanjohn

That is a clear presentation.

(nowbacktotheeditor...headded)

Regarding Frank Jack Fletcher: They should have named an oiler after him instead. -- Irrelevant

Post #: 3
Files for lifting test items - 1/11/2006 12:46:28 AM   
el cid again

IF you want to play with carefully historical Japanese capital ships or submarines - including submarines not in stock or CHS -
including submarines with Kaiten, midget subs, snorkel and/or radar
let me know and I will send you the class file and the device file.

I also have Soviet ships, Japanese aircraft and radar for them, which you may lift records from to play with.

I also have SNLFs, army and navy airborne units, and major CD units for both sides - (Tsugaru Strait, Tsushima straits at 3 sites, Tokyo Fort,
Pearl Harbor, Manila bay at 2 sites, Fort Stevens, San Francisco, and Port Moresby). Some of these will be harder to kill. And some have bigger firepower. But Tokyo in Stock had 14 inch guns. Now they are only 12 inch - but ARMORED to the highest scale ever done - and fortified. The 14 inch was never a CD gun in Japanese service.

Right now you must lift records with the editor to test. Soon I will be testing entire file sets. In process.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> RHS is a test bed - so it is risky Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI