Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Float planes on AK and AS in CHS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Float planes on AK and AS in CHS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Float planes on AK and AS in CHS - 1/10/2006 5:16:55 PM   
Mistmatz

I noticed that quite a bunch of the converted AK's and some of the AS ships are capable to hold a few float planes, but I dont have the airgroups for them. How is this supposed to be handled?

As it is not possible to split the small float plane groups in portions of sometimes 1 or only 2 needed by those ships how should I progress?

Is it possible to transfer a bigger group to a ship with smaller a/c capacity? I didnt try that, but is that maybe the way to go?

One other thing, the japanese have some converted AKs usable for scouting. I remember I have seen 2 ships of the same class (AMS?) but one had a few FP's the other didnt. I assume as it is the same class that I can put FP on the emptya one as well, but interestingly enough this one didnt show any a/c capacity in the ship data screen, whereas the other ship had that. Any advice?
Post #: 1
RE: Float planes on AK and AS in CHS - 1/11/2006 12:31:52 AM   
el cid again

Having just spend a lot of time on CHS, I can say that there ARE float planes defined for these ships. I kept them every one in the recommendations for the next release. SO IF you use CHS 1.06, or the forthcoming 1.07, or RHS, you will have them defined, and correctly.
Note there is only one scout per AK.

AS vary a bit. The ex AKs carry either 8 or 12 - this was wrong in 1.06 where all carried 12 - and the CS carry 24. Except I redefined Nisshin to carry 12 plus 12 midgets for RHS. You want to experiment, I will send you materials.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 2
RE: Float planes on AK and AS in CHS - 1/11/2006 1:34:13 AM   
Mistmatz

El Cid, thanks for the info, but I know for sure that there are ships around without any squadrons and the FP squads that are land based have the usual size of 9 or even more. I wouldnt expect that those ships get their plane when being in port would they? I mean there is no such thing as 'allow reinforcements' for ships or something...

Right now I dont want to check about this vessels because I just had a CTD after 3 hours and almost finishing a PBEM turn. I'm seriously pissed about the game atm.
If somebody cares, it was with 1.795b when I exited the ship availibility screen after doing ome modifications...

I'll do my turn in about 16hours gain and will extract a list of those ships that seem to have no FP's on board.

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 3
RE: Float planes on AK and AS in CHS - 1/12/2006 2:10:42 AM   
Mistmatz

Ok, here are a few vessels capable of carrying FP's but starting the 155 scenario without any loaded.

AV Kamoi
AV Kinagawa Maru
PG Ukishima Maru
PG Hokoku Maru

Those are not of the AK type I wrote earlier as I didnt stumble over them as last turn, but I'm sure I'll find them again if a comprehensive list is required. So the question for the above ships is the same, how do I get FP on those vessels without overloading them???

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 4
RE: Float planes on AK and AS in CHS - 1/12/2006 8:11:02 PM   
el cid again

quote:

Ok, here are a few vessels capable of carrying FP's but starting the 155 scenario without any loaded.

AV Kamoi
AV Kinagawa Maru
PG Ukishima Maru
PG Hokoku Maru

Those are not of the AK type I wrote earlier as I didnt stumble over them as last turn, but I'm sure I'll find them again if a comprehensive list is required. So the question for the above ships is the same, how do I get FP on those vessels without overloading them???

OK - in more detail.

I meant that there are floatplane units for such vessels IN GENERAL. Not that there are always floatplanes assigned. There were not unlimited planes, and IJN assigned planes to certain vessels. I use official IJN lists of planes assigned in November 1941 and in July 1942 (because I have those official lists available). Some ships have no assigned aircraft. One ship is special - a peculiar flying boat tender can carry a Mavis - but never has any air group!

What you can do is reassign aircraft between ships. This is pretty good simulation too - a real Admiral could do that - but could not cough up more plane units! Some ships have two units of 1 or 2 planes - so transfer one of them.

I think Kamoi may be a mistake. If my memory is not too dim, I think she is converted back from a seaplane carrier, and no longer carries any. Anyway, she had no group. But if rated for one - she will operate one.

Seaplanes are a mistake on cruisers mostly - so transfer these off them. Seaplanes make a cruiser likely to be damaged if attacked!

If you want groups for ships, I can make them in a few seconds. Just tell me what you want them for (what scenario, etc).

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 5
RE: Float planes on AK and AS in CHS - 1/12/2006 11:45:56 PM   
Black Mamba 1942

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

El Cid, thanks for the info, but I know for sure that there are ships around without any squadrons and the FP squads that are land based have the usual size of 9 or even more. I wouldnt expect that those ships get their plane when being in port would they? I mean there is no such thing as 'allow reinforcements' for ships or something...

Right now I dont want to check about this vessels because I just had a CTD after 3 hours and almost finishing a PBEM turn. I'm seriously pissed about the game atm.
If somebody cares, it was with 1.795b when I exited the ship availibility screen after doing ome modifications...

I'll do my turn in about 16hours gain and will extract a list of those ships that seem to have no FP's on board.

Lesson to learn.
Save often.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Float planes on AK and AS in CHS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI