Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CVE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> CVE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CVE - 1/24/2006 9:09:24 PM   
moses

Here's a stupid and easy question that I should know but maybe I don't.

Will US CVE and CVL's fly CAP. Just had two in the wrong place and they got pounded. They would have dies anyway but just currious if there is a reason that the CAP did not fly at all.

Post #: 1
RE: CVE - 1/24/2006 9:11:44 PM   
Terminus

They should. Where they docked?

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to moses)
Post #: 2
RE: CVE - 1/24/2006 9:15:38 PM   
jrlans

If they were the replunishment CVEs then no they wont because they are overloaded. If you want to use them transfer off the replunishment squadrons break them down then transfer a /1 unit back on should be low enough for the CVE to not be overloaded also might want to turn replunishmets off

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: CVE - 1/24/2006 9:18:00 PM   
moses

Crap thats too bad. I never checked the capacity on the stupid things. Just assumed they would be loaded to fight.

So if they are within capacity restrictions they will operate as regular small carriers.

A quick answer is not needed as all my current ones are now sunk. But more will come soon.

(in reply to jrlans)
Post #: 4
RE: CVE - 1/24/2006 9:18:46 PM   
Feinder

Yes, they do fly CAP.

There is a popuplar conjecture that they will fly CAP unhindered in coastal hexes (good for covering invasions). But I don't know the answer to this.

But I can tell you that; yes CVE's do fly CAP in the open ocean. They killed a few of my Kamikazes before the rest broke thru and and sank St. Lo and Sangamon Bay.

-F-

** I think what you need to check is if they have "VR-" type squadrons. The VR type squadrons are replacements only, I don't think they fly. Also if a CVE has no sorties (it is just a transporter), I don't think it will fly CAP.

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 5
RE: CVE - 1/24/2006 9:29:32 PM   
jrlans

Will the VRs never fly feinder? Even if transfered to a land base?

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 6
RE: CVE - 1/24/2006 9:31:32 PM   
John 3rd

I, personally, enjoyed them flying no CAP. My Kate pilots enjoyed the TT practice!

(in reply to jrlans)
Post #: 7
RE: CVE - 1/24/2006 10:03:26 PM   
Feinder

Will the VRs never fly feinder?

I don't know the answer to that. I'm Japan in my '45 game. I was replying what what I've read on these boards. It's also my understanding that it is a VERY bad idea to take a VR squadron off your CVE. The airgroup gets wonky, and continuously draws planes, or never does. Can't remember. But just leave your VR squadrons on the initial host CVE, and you shouldn't have a problem.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to jrlans)
Post #: 8
RE: CVE - 1/24/2006 10:49:52 PM   
jrlans

Mabye thats what caused the Spitfires to start showing up in achorage in my game Guess the next one i start ill just park the CVEs somewhere they wont bother me like vancouver or something like that. I hate trying to remember the names of the real CVEs vs. the replunishment ones.

< Message edited by jrlans -- 1/24/2006 10:51:47 PM >

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 9
RE: CVE - 1/26/2006 5:11:37 AM   
TheElf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

Will the VRs never fly feinder?

I don't know the answer to that. I'm Japan in my '45 game. I was replying what what I've read on these boards. It's also my understanding that it is a VERY bad idea to take a VR squadron off your CVE. The airgroup gets wonky, and continuously draws planes, or never does. Can't remember. But just leave your VR squadrons on the initial host CVE, and you shouldn't have a problem.

-F-

VR squadrons definitely fly. I took a F4F and an SBD VR unit off a CVE and began training them at Port Moresby on 250K trapped Japs. Their Max a/c is (54) each, I think, and they filled out immediately with 40-50s EXP. The problem is they also tried to migrate to their main fragment at PM from Townsville and this caused a problem when I wanted to return them to their CVE. Too many aircraft!

IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> CVE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI