Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will it come with an editor?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Will it come with an editor? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will it come with an editor? - 2/9/2006 7:59:08 AM   
Richrd

The air war in Europe was decided in 43. I'm willing to do my own research to have a scenario of that period. Will that be possible. The whole Eagle Day to rump roast thing was a deep dissappointment to me.

Richrd
Post #: 1
RE: Will it come with an editor? - 2/9/2006 1:16:38 PM   
Augenstein

I posted about this some time ago, we ARE missing an important period in the air war between the Allies and Axis in Europe, like HS and JCL pointed it is pretty much out of the question to push back the start date but an editor of some kind (that would allow us users to change dates, states of damage to targets, arrival dates etc.) would be a great addition..

(in reply to Richrd)
Post #: 2
RE: Will it come with an editor? - 2/9/2006 2:08:43 PM   
Hard Sarge

Richrd
I not sure I am following you line of thought ?, explain the disappointment and I will see if we are on the same page

Aug

I not sure if we could make a editor that would be a OOB changer, so much is timeline based and stuff like that

(in reply to Augenstein)
Post #: 3
RE: Will it come with an editor? - 2/9/2006 11:57:33 PM   
The Dude

just have an editor for the current time period would be awesome

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 4
RE: Will it come with an editor? - 2/10/2006 1:30:33 AM   
Richrd

BTR Has been on my computer since the day it was released. The little bugs in the game never bothered me that much, except for the one where the allied fighters used fuel at X rate and German fighters use fuel at X times 1.5. This drives me crazy, and is ignored every time I bring it up. So, at the end of march I get to decide to pony up, what, 50 bucks. Is the difference between what I have now and what I'll get then worth 50 bucks? I agree that I have an obligation to support, with real money, something that has had so much value for me. I want the development on this game to continue, but I want something meaty, not just a pinch of salt.

Richrd

(in reply to Richrd)
Post #: 5
RE: Will it come with an editor? - 2/10/2006 4:13:40 AM   
Ike99

Very good question. It would be nice to come with a scenario editor but Im sure it would mean more work and programing. Longer delay getting the game out. Be nice to have but personally wouldn't miss it if it didn't have one.

< Message edited by Ike99 -- 2/10/2006 4:14:06 AM >

(in reply to Richrd)
Post #: 6
RE: Will it come with an editor? - 2/10/2006 4:56:20 PM   
Hard Sarge

Richrd

did you get any of the OOB from JC's site ?

if you havn't seen what he was able to do to the game with just the OOB files, you don't see what we may be able to get done with the game, now that we have the code to work with also

now. I don't want to say prices, or due dates, release dates, or major detail yets, I have some ideas of what is planned(ooops that sounds wrong, since I am part of the planning :), but since I am not a member of Matrix, I am not totally sure what they have planned or want to say

some things I believe I can say, it will work with Windows XP (BoB had trouble, some people had trouble with BTR others didn't) we are getting new plane art, we are trying to get the two game to work with the same GUI, so what is in BTR will also be in BoB, new data base, more planes, more pilots, more targets, better targets, hopeing for a revampped Radar system, hopeing to get the Night war working the way it was planned to work, and make it much more detailed/complex (back and forth, advantage gained, advantage lost)

trying to knock out most of the major bugs that we know about, some are really simple ones, that needed the exe file to fix, but we were never able to "use" that

get all the bug fixes we already fixed in the OOB's into the game instead

over all, it will be BoB and BTR, but I am not sure you will know it by looking, only time will time how well we can do

hopefully when JC has some free time, he can come in and say what he wants to, instead of me trying to put words into his mouth

(in reply to Ike99)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Will it come with an editor? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI