Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Overtime Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Overtime Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Overtime Problem - 3/7/2006 5:32:02 AM   
cflnut

First off I find that there is to much overtime when playing games. I've been simming under Canadian rules and most of the games have gone to overtime (all of which ended in a tie) The real problem comes when simming a playoff game that ends in a tie. Game got caught in a endless loop and I had to crash my system to get out of it after a half an hour. I have my leagur set for 10min overtime under Canadian rules.
Post #: 1
RE: Overtime Problem - 3/7/2006 8:15:55 AM   
Shaggyra

I have yet to see overtime work in any format. In one simmed season one team ended with 4 ties in a 12 game season. (that time is was using the "sdndeath" option.

(in reply to cflnut)
Post #: 2
RE: Overtime Problem - 3/7/2006 11:32:14 AM   
Magnum357

I've been hearing a lot of problems with Overtime rules. I've been thinking just eliminating OT for my league files until these OT bugs are solved. Might be the simplest solution as the moment. This of course might not work for Playoff games.

(in reply to Shaggyra)
Post #: 3
RE: Overtime Problem - 3/7/2006 6:18:09 PM   
Jennifer L. Winter

Hey guys,

If you could be a bit more specific with the OT issue. What exactly happens with it? Does it run OT at all or not? What are the situations?

I know this may seem like a pain, but if we want to recreate the problem we need as much detail as possible.

Thanks again.

Jennifer L. Winter
Media Relations
Wintervalley Software

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 4
RE: Overtime Problem - 3/7/2006 8:07:31 PM   
Shaggyra

In my case I have not had an overtime in a played or watched game. (I always win outright )

In the games I simmed I've seen alot of games do/shoud go into OT. The problem with simming is that it goes to fast so I can't tell if it starts overtime or not. Since I used the sudden death option I think I would have caught some overtime action while watching the sim but as of yet I have not. That may have slipped by me.

So, I guess that doesn't help much. I'll try to be more observant and immediately write down what I see in the future and report back.

(in reply to Jennifer L. Winter)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Overtime Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI