Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Low Pass Completion Percentage

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Low Pass Completion Percentage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 12:09:55 AM   
JonnieR

I loaded up beta patch 1.095 and pass performance improved slightly, but percentage completions are still well below NFL standards.

I downloaded NFL 1959 plays but I need help in where it should go in the Max FB file structure. (I initially unloaded it to the Plays folder.) Any suggestions?
Post #: 1
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 12:25:41 AM   
Magnum357

Keep in mind that not only do Player Ratings and Play Design greatly effect the completion percentages of Passes, but there are also Gameplay Settings located in the "MainData.mdb" file that adjust how well the gamplay works in the game (kinda like the "Sliders" settings in Madden).

Go too www.fbmax.com and get a utility that I created called "DataConstant Utility". It allows ou too adjust these settings in the Database files if you don't have MS Access or Excell.

(in reply to JonnieR)
Post #: 2
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 12:41:31 AM   
frunky

by any chance do you what the default settings are Magnum
I just wanna set them back before i install the latest beta patch

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 3
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 12:56:35 AM   
Magnum357

Frunky, that is not a bad idea. If your going to bug test, best too keep the settings the same as the Stock game. Sorry, I don't know the exact settings for each gamplay setting, if I get time I might include in the Readme File of my Utility what the default settings are.

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 4
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 12:58:57 AM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: JonnieR

I loaded up beta patch 1.095 and pass performance improved slightly, but percentage completions are still well below NFL standards.

I downloaded NFL 1959 plays but I need help in where it should go in the Max FB file structure. (I initially unloaded it to the Plays folder.) Any suggestions?

Are you using coach mode or arcade mode? I am not having too bad results in the passing game. In fact in some of my games the completion percentages are pretty high. Mostly though the high percentages are from my quarterback using my plays against stock plays for the opponents.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to JonnieR)
Post #: 5
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 1:02:42 AM   
Magnum357

Ya, I think Coach Mode versus Gamepad Play has a big difference in how well the stats come out. I always play in Coach mode myself.

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 6
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 1:51:34 AM   
anash

also depends on what level you are playing at (high school vs college vs pro).

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 7
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 3:35:29 AM   
JonnieR

I am playing in coach mode (no arcade here). Pro level, I only have four teams completed (Cardinals, Falcons, Bills and Bengals).

I noticed that the randomly generated players had very high ratings for their attributes, my ratings are based on actual performance for each position. For instance only Steve Young has a PACC of 98 the next highest is 95 and most of starting qb's PACC is in the 84 to 92 area. I can reset my stats by adjusting the formulas (which are perfect, haha) or by defining the limits for each attribute. (The latter is preferrable because I use probability density functions to model each player by position). But I would have to know from David what he would recommend for the limits for each attribute by position.

As an aside the running game is terrrific, its even better and more realistic than FPpro (and Madden is not worth mentioning with regard to running). Cannonball Craig Cannonball Heyward barrels his way through the line, Ron Moore cuts to the ouside very well and Thurman Thomas is just a superior runner and pass catcher.

(in reply to anash)
Post #: 8
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 5:36:27 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

quote:

As an aside the running game is terrrific, its even better and more realistic than FPpro (and Madden is not worth mentioning with regard to running).

1-Dumb comment right there in the brackets)

2-Maddens amazing and if it was so bad why does it sell so much?

(in reply to JonnieR)
Post #: 9
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 10:27:09 AM   
Magnum357

1- Actually, guy has a good point.

2- Because there are a lot of stupied people in the world that will buy anything.

(in reply to CFL_FAN_7)
Post #: 10
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 3:06:59 PM   
mark1726

quote:

ORIGINAL: JonnieR

I am playing in coach mode (no arcade here). Pro level, I only have four teams completed (Cardinals, Falcons, Bills and Bengals).

I noticed that the randomly generated players had very high ratings for their attributes, my ratings are based on actual performance for each position. For instance only Steve Young has a PACC of 98 the next highest is 95 and most of starting qb's PACC is in the 84 to 92 area. I can reset my stats by adjusting the formulas (which are perfect, haha) or by defining the limits for each attribute. (The latter is preferrable because I use probability density functions to model each player by position). But I would have to know from David what he would recommend for the limits for each attribute by position.

As an aside the running game is terrrific, its even better and more realistic than FPpro (and Madden is not worth mentioning with regard to running). Cannonball Craig Cannonball Heyward barrels his way through the line, Ron Moore cuts to the ouside very well and Thurman Thomas is just a superior runner and pass catcher.

You need to make your own passing plays, this is imperative. I actually have a problem where the defense can't stop the pass unless they get a sack or happen to have a bunch of guys standing in the area where my pass is designed to go. Work hard on some pass plays in the PDS and practice and you will find that it eventually is too easy to complete passes. At that point you will be like me trying to adjust the coverage area slider in the database and DB's coverage and agility attributes just to keep completions down.

"Those who do not read and understand history are doomed to repeat it." - Harry Truman

(in reply to JonnieR)
Post #: 11
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 6:32:27 PM   
frunky

I notice that long passes are being completed.
before that was a little rare

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo

(in reply to mark1726)
Post #: 12
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 8:48:34 PM   
Sonny

I just finished a stock US game with the only thing changed was my team had my plays. It was a defensive struggle. I lost 19-7 (I kicked 2 field goals but somehow got one point - maybe the US rules have added a rouge). The passing was not great. The opponent completed 22 of 38 and was just over 50% with 13 of 25. There were around 150 plays in the game. The big surprise was that there were 25 sacks! My guys sacked his QB 10 times while he sacked me 15 times.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to frunky)
Post #: 13
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 8:51:06 PM   
Deft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sonny

I just finished a stock US game with the only thing changed was my team had my plays. It was a defensive struggle. I lost 19-7 (I kicked 2 field goals but somehow got one point - maybe the US rules have added a rouge). The passing was not great. The opponent completed 22 of 38 and was just over 50% with 13 of 25. There were around 150 plays in the game. The big surprise was that there were 25 sacks! My guys sacked his QB 10 times while he sacked me 15 times.

This is probably because the all pass plays from the stock I-formation plays leaves the fullback in the way of the QB, allowing a DL an easy shot at the QB. I went into those plays and moved both RB and FB back and didn't get the problem after that.

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 14
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/15/2006 10:10:46 PM   
Erik Rutins

I just wanted to add to this that we are planning a look at overall game balance once we finish sorting through the remaining issues. With the passing game being so playbook dependent, good feedback from customers will really help us determine what tweaks need to be made. Right now, taking a look at pass coverage in general is high on our list.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 15
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/16/2006 1:07:56 AM   
anash

That is music to my ears Erik!

Looking forward to it....

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 16
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/16/2006 1:53:36 AM   
Magnum357

quote:

I just finished a stock US game with the only thing changed was my team had my plays. It was a defensive struggle. I lost 19-7 (I kicked 2 field goals but somehow got one point - maybe the US rules have added a rouge).

Hey Sonny, I notice this aswell with Feildgoal kicks. For some reason it has added a single points sometimes when I miss a Feildgoal attempt, not sure if its because it falls back into the endzone or in the endzone, but all I know is that I HAD NOT picked Rouge points in the US Rules model. I mentioned this in the Support Forum but not seems to have replied if this is a bug or not.

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 17
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/16/2006 2:49:51 AM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deft

quote:

This is probably because the all pass plays from the stock I-formation plays leaves the fullback in the way of the QB, allowing a DL an easy shot at the QB. I went into those plays and moved both RB and FB back and didn't get the problem after that.

Well, I was the one who got sacked 15 times and I do not use the stock plays. I always move any back out of the way of the QB.

From what I remember it was usually the right defensive end blowing past the offensive left tackle and the back never seems to pick him up. And it was usually a particular play vs a particular defense.

Quote from Snigbert -

ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Deft)
Post #: 18
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/16/2006 10:08:59 AM   
Magnum357

I actually think that the reason why there are so many sacks is that is accounting them differently then how the NFL does it. I think in College Football, anytime the QB is tackled behind the Line of Scrimage (regardless if its a Pass or Run) its counted as a Sack. In the NFL, only Pass type plays are counted as sacks. MaxFB's Sack stats might be setup for the College model then how the NFL does theres. I wonder if the CFL does it like College too?

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 19
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/16/2006 6:51:28 PM   
Sonny

Do those "incomplete / tackle by..." plays count as sacks?

Quote from Snigbert -

ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 20
RE: Low Pass Completion Percentage - 3/17/2006 6:23:13 AM   
CFL_FAN_7

wow..inever new there could be so many problems in agame, but it'll probably get fixed

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Low Pass Completion Percentage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI