Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anybody been to downtown Japan?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Anybody been to downtown Japan? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anybody been to downtown Japan? - 3/15/2006 5:19:28 AM   
m10bob

In my current CHS 1.06 against the AI, I took the northernmost island from Japan and it holds a lot of industry and a couple of repair shipyards.
When I looked at the detail screen for the cities, it lists the type of Japanese engines these cities were capable of building and repairing.
I don't really need any Nakajima engines, etc, and have switched the "repair" buttons to "off"..
Does my turning this button "off" affect anything, really??
BTW, since capturing a major shipyard up there, when I look at my own "ship arrival screen", I now see a Japanese ML which is due to show up at that yard in about a month.
I wonder if I will really acquire it or if the AI will sneak it "out of town in the middle of the night like the Colts left Baltimore?"

Post #: 1
RE: Anybody been to downtown Japan? - 3/15/2006 6:33:40 AM   
ckk

PLEASE DON'T BRING UP THAT VISION AGAIN

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 2
RE: Anybody been to downtown Japan? - 3/15/2006 6:36:58 AM   
ckk

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

In my current CHS 1.06 against the AI, I took the northernmost island from Japan and it holds a lot of industry and a couple of repair shipyards.
When I looked at the detail screen for the cities, it lists the type of Japanese engines these cities were capable of building and repairing.
I don't really need any Nakajima engines, etc, and have switched the "repair" buttons to "off"..
BTW, since capturing a major shipyard up there, when I look at my own "ship arrival screen", I now see a Japanese ML which is due to show up at that yard in about a month.
I wonder if I will really acquire it or if the AI will sneak it "out of town in the middle of the night like the Colts left Baltimore?"

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 3
RE: Anybody been to downtown Japan? - 3/15/2006 6:39:52 AM   
ckk

Sorry I'm still not over the loss of the original Colts. I knew some of them and I grew up in Baltimore in the 50's and the 60's

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 4
RE: Anybody been to downtown Japan? - 3/15/2006 8:57:53 AM   
witpqs

I'm not even from Baltimore, but they are still the Baltimore Colts in my mind.

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 5
RE: Anybody been to downtown Japan? - 3/15/2006 9:23:21 AM   
m10bob

They can't hit a wall with a walnut.. Peyton is a great quarterback but they choke at the end of every season.
One of their biggest rivals are the Patriots. The Patriots play in an outdoor stadium which was 100% paid for by the teams' owner. Since the team plays outside, they are used to the elements.
The Dolts on the other hand are now on their 2nd *city paid* stadium and the locals had no say in the matter.
In fact, the N.K.Hurst Bean co which has been in business for approx 65 years at the same location are being evicted under this new "imminent domain" so the Dolts and Irsay can have this new stadium.
The local politicians announced they were going to address the "imminent domain abuses" in their next session, so the city of Indianapolis shamefully served lawsuit papers on the Hurst firm to force them to move *before* the general assembly meets!!!!!!!!!!!
I played football as a kid, and am old enough to remember the real football greats who only made maybe $100,000 in their best years, but there is NO way I (or any Joe Lunchbucket) kinda guy can relate to somebody who averages over $1 million each year..
Gimme a break...It's not like they actually work for a living, but they and their 'fans" will all cry for the players who "need" a new stadium...
NUTS!!!!!!!!!!
If they want a new stadium, let IRSAY pay for it, and put it wherever he wants it..We will provide the flashlights and Mayflower moving trucks.
Why pay for a stadium if they cannot even close a season ???????????
Heres' the joke I invented: Where is the best place in Indy to find a place to park on Super Bowl Weekend?
Answer: Right in front of Colts' stadium, it won't be in use!!!!!

Remember folks...Ya' heard it here first!!!!!!!!
Now, back to that Japan question......

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 6
RE: Anybody been to downtown Japan? - 3/16/2006 6:48:32 AM   
m10bob

Anybody at all.....Just jump right in there.......

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 7
RE: Anybody been to downtown Japan? - 3/16/2006 4:09:23 PM   
tsimmonds

quote:

I expect if you don't turn off the repair button, it will try to repair. Leave it turned on and see. It would only cost you 1000 supply to find out.

quote:

I wonder if I will really acquire it

I doubt it, but it may arrive anyway at which time you could sink it. Do you have the "halt/accelerate" option available for this ship? If so, you should accelerate it, it will cost more shipbuilding points!

quote:

or if the AI will sneak it "out of town in the middle of the night like the Colts left Baltimore?"

I lived in Indy when the Colts moved there. It was great to finally have our own team after all those years. Then we learned about the Irsays, and about how bad their team sucked. After twenty years of suffering through wretched football, we then moved to Baltimore. The Ravens had just won the Superbowl and Bawlmer was finally beginning to get over losing the Colts. Naturally the next season the Colts suddenly got good and the Ravens slipped back into mediocrity. But the Baltimorons now seem truly to have accepted the Ravens as their team. I'm sure having stolen the team from Cleveland like the Colts were stolen from them has helped square things up in some minds. "Well, at least we let them keep their name...."

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 8
RE: Anybody been to downtown Japan? - 3/16/2006 6:30:21 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

quote:

I expect if you don't turn off the repair button, it will try to repair. Leave it turned on and see. It would only cost you 1000 supply to find out.

quote:

I wonder if I will really acquire it

I doubt it, but it may arrive anyway at which time you could sink it. Do you have the "halt/accelerate" option available for this ship? If so, you should accelerate it, it will cost more shipbuilding points!

quote:

or if the AI will sneak it "out of town in the middle of the night like the Colts left Baltimore?"

I lived in Indy when the Colts moved there. It was great to finally have our own team after all those years. Then we learned about the Irsays, and about how bad their team sucked. After twenty years of suffering through wretched football, we then moved to Baltimore. The Ravens had just won the Superbowl and Bawlmer was finally beginning to get over losing the Colts. Naturally the next season the Colts suddenly got good and the Ravens slipped back into mediocrity. But the Baltimorons now seem truly to have accepted the Ravens as their team. I'm sure having stolen the team from Cleveland like the Colts were stolen from them has helped square things up in some minds. "Well, at least we let them keep their name...."

Thank you irrelevant........

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Anybody been to downtown Japan? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI