Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wishlist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wishlist Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wishlist - 8/21/2000 9:23:00 PM   
Seth

I've been thinking, and if I could only add three things to this game, they would be: 1. National ranks and rank insignia, preferably in color, with branch of service colors. 2. Animated smoke/fire. 3. A high score list for campaigns and for each scenario. It's always nice to be able to see how well you've done compared to last time. This doesn't seem difficult to do, but maybe it is.

Post #: 1
- 8/5/2000 6:54:00 PM   
Schrubbery

quote:

Originally posted by Seth: I've been thinking, and if I could only add three things to this game, they would be: 1. National ranks and rank insignia, preferably in color, with branch of service colors.
I can already see what this leads to in LAN games... "Herr Oberleutnant, we need some reinforcements here!" "Was?.." "Uh... I mean... herr Major!" "WAS!?!" "Herr Oberst!?" "Ja, und now 50 push-ups! Schnell!"
quote:

2. Animated smoke/fire. 3. A high score list for campaigns and for each scenario.
The smoke and fire are already animated, don't you think so? I think animating schrubbery moving in wind would be of far more importance. High scores would be a beutiful addition, if possible.

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 2
- 8/5/2000 8:20:00 PM   
Warhorse

Seth, about that burning tank fire, you know you're right, I was playing SP2 recently, and it was animated, I forgot about that!! I'll look at the shp files to see what the giggie is, no doubt simple thing like no-flash toggle accidently left on when saving that file in the shp editor, or, the other sequencing icons got left out somehow, it cycles through a couple to give the illusion of moving flame, pretty cool, huh??!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 3
- 8/6/2000 12:09:00 AM   
Nikademus

actually if you look closely (in SP:WAW) the fire graphics in this version are static (the smoke graphic shifts which if in the same hex as a burning tank makes the fire seem to be animated but its not) I've hoped that the amimated fire can be restored though its definately a 'low priority' wish ;-)

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 4
- 8/7/2000 9:42:00 PM   
Seth

Fire is animated for plane crashes, flamethrower, etc., but not for destroyed vehicles.

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wishlist Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI