Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need Help!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> Need Help! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need Help! - 5/28/2006 11:52:46 AM   
Double Tank

Well, I got Flashpoint Germany and I am VERY happy to report that it's all I expected! Looking at screenshots for a week and pre-downloading new patches while waiting was worth it. My only problem is it works great on the XP, and it had no trouble with the new patch and so on. So, after I set it up I took it to the den and set it up with my Windows ME. Suddenly it did'nt open as expected, so I uninstalled it, put it back in and just installed it without the patches and it works fine. How do I get all of the right patches for my game here? I registered it and there is a list with the little blue patches, but I only get 3. Got any answers to help out?
Post #: 1
RE: Need Help! - 5/28/2006 3:52:57 PM   
FlipTrac_511

I believe the ~84MB version 1.11 patch is all you need. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

(in reply to Double Tank)
Post #: 2
RE: Need Help! - 5/28/2006 6:40:46 PM   
CapnDarwin

I see 2 issues here.

FlipTrac is correct that all you need after the original install is the 1.11 update as it is all inclusive (large but inclusive). The other issue is windows ME. Possible the worst of the MS operating systems but I digress. If I had to make a bet on the problem I'd think that your windows installer version on the ME machine is out of date. It is allowing the older original FPG to load but is having a problem with the new installer wit the patch. One other item to check after the install of both the original and the patch on your ME machine is to see if a FPG_report.txt file is generated in the main FPG folder. This is an error dump we can use to see what is wrong with the program.

I'd look for the report files first and post them. Then see if there is an update for the windows installer for ME. It is quite possible that ME is out of the MS support envelope, but worth a look. The reality may be the need to upgrade the OS on the ME machine. Not the best news but it may solve a number of headaches like this.

Good Luck! Keep us posted and we'll try to get you going on the other machine.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to FlipTrac_511)
Post #: 3
RE: Capn Darwin - 5/28/2006 8:45:46 PM   
Double Tank

Thanks for the advice! I will try it once again on ME. The thing is I had 3zips and put them all on just as with XP ( I was'nt thinking ) perhaps thats the problem. I will try it again because it's so easy to remove the whole game and pop it back on if something fails. This is my first game ( HEX ) and I knew these kind of games were going to be fun. I had a blast for 4 hours the other night. Anyhow, thanks, I will try the 1.11 patch one more time. You sure are right about Windows ME. I took it off the web because even MS had a really little page for it. For some odd reason it was a green little page too. Thanks again!

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 4
RE: Capn Darwin - 5/29/2006 11:32:45 AM   
Viper6

Hmm ... Windows ME *shudders* I had a computer with that on it once, I actually uninstalled it and installed Windows 98 instead using one of my old disks. Junked that computer years ago though, XP is much better as far as Windows goes.

I agree with the Capn, sounds like an installer problem - since I assume the game install was compiled with an older version of Windows Installer than the patch was, being a year newer. If you don't have any luck with the MS website directly check and see if your computer has any kind of auto-update feature installed; I know XP has one built-in that you can't miss (it won't let you) but I don't think ME had something quite like it (though I haven't used ME in a long time so I could be wrong). Anyway my guess is you'll have to dig a bit to find it is it is there. Also check any software that came with your computer, often companies like Dell or HP will install auto-updaters into their machines. Anyway, it's worth a look - often times updaters will have access to files that you cannot get to from a website or are otherwise very hard to find.

Alex Clark - Viper
Flashpoint Germany Beta Test Team
Flashpoint Middle East Beta Test Team

Supervising Lighting and Sound Technician,
University of Minnesota, Morris

(in reply to Double Tank)
Post #: 5
RE:Viper - 5/30/2006 8:26:58 AM   
Double Tank

Thanks for the info. They probably named ME for me! I seem to be the only dope that has it.

(in reply to Viper6)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Flashpoint Germany Support >> Need Help! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI