Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cant edit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Cant edit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cant edit - 3/19/2006 7:18:34 AM   
simmer

I dont know if this is an issue...When I auto draft players to each team in the league, I cannot edit the rosters. There also is an issue with not being able to change team info once a league is started prior to the training camp. This applies to in the game and the teams editor outside of the game itself.
Post #: 1
RE: Cant edit - 3/19/2006 8:34:14 AM   
Tullius

You should be able to edit rosters using the Utility Set. I did it one minute ago with my test league which is in the second week of the second season. I had no problem changing names, ratings or other datas.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Cant edit - 3/19/2006 9:14:41 AM   
Bucky

I'm having the same problem with editing teams after an auto draft using the Utility Set. The Edit Team option lists all the leagues, but my newly created league has no teams listed.

They do appear when I'm in the actual MFB game, just not in the Edit Team Utility. The teams do appear in the Edit League Utility, but you can't edit the teams/rosters from there.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 3
RE: Cant edit - 3/19/2006 10:01:03 AM   
Tullius

That looks like bug introduced in some of the recent updates. I think you should wait for an answer by DW.

(in reply to Bucky)
Post #: 4
RE: Cant edit - 3/19/2006 6:09:23 PM   
Lions

Simmer,

Do you get an error message if so what does it say? Can you give me more details (steps that you are doing in point form) before you get to the editing screen?

Sladebuck

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 5
RE: Cant edit - 3/19/2006 7:58:18 PM   
Bucky

I don't know if this is an issue or not, but I have Access 2000 not Access 97. I also noticed while viewing the lge_usfl.mdb file and comparing it to my newly created league, the league and teams tables seem to be missing a field called s_GUID. Since I have access 2000, it won't let me add a coolumn to these tables. I was going to take the value of s_GUID in the main database and add this to my newly created leage tables. Access 2000 won't let me do this to an Access 97 DB.

I don't know if I'm barking up the wrong Tree. But just in case, I'd thought I'd mention it to David and Matrix.

(in reply to Lions)
Post #: 6
RE: Cant edit - 3/20/2006 3:09:02 AM   
David Winter

quote:

ORIGINAL: simmer

I dont know if this is an issue...When I auto draft players to each team in the league, I cannot edit the rosters. There also is an issue with not being able to change team info once a league is started prior to the training camp. This applies to in the game and the teams editor outside of the game itself.

Once the season is started you can't edit team information. This is by design. Information on when team information is allowed to be edited is covered in the manual. At least that is how the core game works. If you're unable to edit team information through the utilties then there is something else at work.

Ensure your computer regional settings are set to North American English. That seems to be the biggest problem users are having with editing information. The game is not localized and so it needs to be running on an NAE system.

Are you getting any sort of error message?

As for the GUID table in the database that is not related to the game and should make no difference if it's there or not. Some versions of Access require that table, others don't. The game makes no use of it.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 7
RE: Cant edit - 3/20/2006 6:01:56 AM   
simmer

I do not get any error message for this. When I go to the outside editor of the game, the league appears but there are no team folders.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 8
RE: Cant edit - 3/20/2006 6:07:21 AM   
Bucky

David,
I'm not getting any kind of error message. I just can't edit teams in new leagues through the utilities. I was able to create them with the utilites, but just can not select a team from the new league in order to edit it. My regional settings are English (United States) on an XP Home edition OS. I'm taking this to be North American English. I can edit any of the teams in the stock leagues with the utility set, just not user created teams in my created league. This is what happens.....When edit team is selected from the utility set, a list of leages is provided. The stock leagues display a list of teams in a treeview form. The user created league shows no teams even though they do exist...The MAXFG game does recognize the teams.
I had to edit the players through access instead of the utilities.

Mr. Winters, there are many of us that would like to see MAXFB succeed. Please keep the update patches coming and I wish you, and MAXFB the very best.

Thanks!!!!

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 9
RE: Cant edit - 3/20/2006 6:21:14 AM   
David Winter

Our testers were able to reproduce the problem (or at least, they have found a problem that sounds similar to what is being reported here), and I've had a chance to look at it.

I've been able to correct the issue and it will show up in the next BETA build update available publicly.

David

(in reply to Bucky)
Post #: 10
RE: Cant edit - 3/20/2006 6:22:58 AM   
simmer

Bucky, that is the same thing that is happening to me....In the game I can access the player editor to change names and equipment, but no attributes. This game is going to be good once everything is worked out. I'm already starting to feel the same excitment as FBPRO.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 11
RE: Cant edit - 3/20/2006 2:38:21 PM   
cbelva

I have had the same problem and have memtioned it twice in other posts.

David--twice now I have had the stock league US Max Football League disappear completely from the list of leagues in the "Edit Team" list.

(in reply to simmer)
Post #: 12
RE: Cant edit - 3/20/2006 4:15:15 PM   
Tullius

Like DW wrote wait for the next update and then should this problem be history.

< Message edited by Tullius -- 3/20/2006 4:17:11 PM >

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 13
RE: Cant edit - 3/20/2006 9:23:03 PM   
Erik Rutins

Please try the latest v1.0.0.101 beta update and let us know if it helps. Thanks for the reports.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 14
RE: Cant edit - 3/20/2006 10:56:30 PM   
Bucky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Please try the latest v1.0.0.101 beta update and let us know if it helps. Thanks for the reports.

Regards,

- Erik

I've tried it and it works. Thanks Erik and Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Cant edit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI