Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Plane cargo capacity

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Plane cargo capacity Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Plane cargo capacity - 4/7/2006 10:10:04 PM   
niceguy2005

Anyone know how to figure out about how much cargo a plane can carry.

How many supplies/troops can a B-17 carry versus a Catalina, vesus an Empire?

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie
Post #: 1
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/7/2006 10:12:10 PM   
AirGriff

go to aircraft data and it will tell you.

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 2
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/7/2006 10:50:33 PM   
Feinder

It's the "maximum load" number, down in the bottom left area.

And 1 supply = 2000 load points.

So a plane with a max load of 4000 can carry 2 supply points to the destination.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to AirGriff)
Post #: 3
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/7/2006 11:18:20 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

And 1 supply = 2000 load points.

-F-

WOW. ok, thanks

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 4
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/7/2006 11:22:01 PM   
Mike Solli

So if a plane carries, say, 2500 points, does it carry 1.25 supply points or is the rest of the plane packed with condoms (a la the air supply of the Stalingrad pocket)?

Post #: 5
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/8/2006 1:03:22 PM   
Milman

How much transport points is inf squad or support squad ? Is there any list for that or formula ?

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 6
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/9/2006 6:49:38 PM   
Mistmatz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Milman

How much transport points is inf squad or support squad ? Is there any list for that or formula ?

I'd like to add to this question some more.
I have a case where Topsy's are not transporting 70mm howitzer and 13mm AAMG guns. They can carry a load of 3800, so I assume it's that a single howitzer or AAMG exceeds the capacity of a single plane and this equipment is not distributed among planes. But then how do I know what kind of equipment needs what plane type or load capability to be transported?

I had also such a case with the Type 13 radar of an IJ base force.

(in reply to Milman)
Post #: 7
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/9/2006 7:32:07 PM   
Dino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

quote:

I have a case where Topsy's are not transporting 70mm howitzer and 13mm AAMG guns. They can carry a load of 3800, so I assume it's that a single howitzer or AAMG exceeds the capacity of a single plane and this equipment is not distributed among planes. But then how do I know what kind of equipment needs what plane type or load capability to be transported?

As per Rules Book: "Only items in a ground unit with a load cost of less than 7 may be transported by air".

The load costs of varios devices are listed in the database.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 8
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/10/2006 7:23:29 PM   
Mistmatz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dino

quote:

quote:

As per Rules Book: "Only items in a ground unit with a load cost of less than 7 may be transported by air".

The load costs of varios devices are listed in the database.

I'm glad we have guys around who actually read the manual. I promise one fine day I'll read it myself.

Thx, Dino. Got to check out that part of the manual soon.

(in reply to Dino)
Post #: 9
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/10/2006 8:10:53 PM   
Dino

quote:

I'm glad we have guys around who actually read the manual. I promise one fine day I'll read it myself.

Oh, don't bother... There will always be some volunteer with too much time on his hands.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 10
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/10/2006 8:25:56 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

Oh, don't bother... There will always be some volunteer with too much time on his hands.

Also, there are NUMEROUS instances where the manual is incorrect.

(in reply to Dino)
Post #: 11
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/10/2006 11:06:52 PM   
Mynok

For instance, it does not warn you that the Air Transport Pick-up command does not work.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 12
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/10/2006 11:31:16 PM   
Mistmatz

quote:

quote:

Hmmm, I just went through the manual but couldnt find any table regarding load cost for equipment, do you have a page number at hand by any chance? I found the chapter stating nothing beyond load cost 7 but how do I know the load cost of a certain piece of equipment?

(in reply to Dino)
Post #: 13
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/11/2006 12:18:49 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmmm, I just went through the manual but couldnt find any table regarding load cost for equipment, do you have a page number at hand by any chance? I found the chapter stating nothing beyond load cost 7 but how do I know the load cost of a certain piece of equipment?

That's because you have the "official" manual, not the secret manual. The official manual was put out as part of a disinformation campaign.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 14
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/11/2006 12:30:13 AM   
Mistmatz

quote:

ORIGINAL: niceguy2005

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's because you have the "official" manual, not the secret manual. The official manual was put out as part of a disinformation campaign.

I just accidently found the information in the in-game database...

Either put everything in the manual OR in the game OR both, this mixture is no good.

Post #: 15
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/11/2006 1:19:16 AM   
dtravel

quote:

I just accidently found the information in the in-game database...

Either put everything in the manual OR in the game OR both, this mixture is no good.

You forgot the editor. Much critical information is only accessible via the editor (a fault of many games these days, not just WiTP).

While I agree with the sentiment, even more important is make sure the information is accurate!!!

*mutter mutter mutter*

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 16
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/11/2006 5:06:07 PM   
Dino

quote:

make sure the information is accurate!!!

Now you got me puzzled... Is this a general suggestion, or something related to this specific question?

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 17
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/11/2006 7:12:38 PM   
Mynok

Don't go there. We're having trouble soothing him as it is.

(in reply to Dino)
Post #: 18
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/11/2006 7:18:46 PM   
niceguy2005

quote:

quote:

make sure the information is accurate!!!

Now you got me puzzled... Is this a general suggestion, or something related to this specific question?

I believe the esteemed dtravel was referring to the WitP manual, which apparently has some incorrect information.

(in reply to Dino)
Post #: 19
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/11/2006 8:08:42 PM   
Dino

quote:

I believe the esteemed dtravel was referring to the WitP manual, which apparently has some incorrect information.

I know, I know... I was just fishing for some "clasified" information...

Post #: 20
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/11/2006 10:16:04 PM   
dtravel

quote:

quote:

I know, I know... I was just fishing for some "clasified" information...

Its mostly just me being in a foul mood. A combination of argueing with Mogami over whether industry can be destroyed, not just damaged, by fire bombing in the game and coming up on fifty or sixty days of continuous rain here. Its really uncomfortable wearing scuba gear for that long.

(in reply to Dino)
Post #: 21
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/12/2006 1:17:08 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

coming up on fifty or sixty days of continuous rain here. Its really uncomfortable wearing scuba gear for that long.

Mr. dtravel, if your planning on building an ark, I have some plans I can sell you. you just need to be able to convert cubits to feet. Course there's a lot of extra space for animals, I don't know what you would do with it.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 22
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/12/2006 1:48:11 AM   
Mistmatz

Maybe I'm just to tired or plain dumb... but how do I fire up the editor? Dont see any .exe file or a link in the starting screen...

Post #: 23
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/12/2006 1:51:11 AM   
dtravel

quote:

quote:

coming up on fifty or sixty days of continuous rain here. Its really uncomfortable wearing scuba gear for that long.

Mr. dtravel, if your planning on building an ark, I have some plans I can sell you. you just need to be able to convert cubits to feet. Course there's a lot of extra space for animals, I don't know what you would do with it.

Thanks, but I couldn't build one even if I was inclined to. The wood is all waterlogged and there's no place I could do the construction. If it is a slope, its sliding into the ocean. If its level, its mud and anything I built would just sink into it. *gloop*

On a more serious note, it has been raining so much that it is actually hurting the economy. Not just buildings destroyed & condemned and roads washing away, but people literally not going out because of all the rain. If people don't go out, they don't spend money and that lack of spending is hurting the local businesses.

Post #: 24
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/12/2006 1:52:49 AM   
dtravel

quote:

Maybe I'm just to tired or plain dumb... but how do I fire up the editor? Dont see any .exe file or a link in the starting screen...

"Start" -> "All Programs" -> "War in the Pacific" -> "Scenario Editor"

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 25
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/12/2006 1:54:18 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks, but I couldn't build one even if I was inclined to. The wood is all waterlogged and there's no place I could do the construction. If it is a slope, its sliding into the ocean. If its level, its mud and anything I built would just sink into it. *gloop*

On a more serious note, it has been raining so much that it is actually hurting the economy. Not just buildings destroyed & condemned and roads washing away, but people literally not going out because of all the rain. If people don't go out, they don't spend money and that lack of spending is hurting the local businesses.

What if local businesses sold umbrellas, boots, rain gear etc? Is it really that bad? where are you? I tend to not watch the news much anymore...too much negative crap.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 26
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/12/2006 2:05:31 AM   
dtravel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

quote:

What if local businesses sold umbrellas, boots, rain gear etc? Is it really that bad? where are you? I tend to not watch the news much anymore...too much negative crap.

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. And after two months of near continuous rain, anyone who was going to buy raingear has already done so.

The rain has been a nightly item on the local news, with houses and roads getting washed away daily. The decrease in local business revenues was an ancillary item about a week ago.

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 27
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/12/2006 3:36:38 AM   
Dino

quote:

quote:

And once you find "Scenario Editor", the "Database Editor" is just few icons away...

Mistmatz, the data in the editor is not so straight forward. The way I understand it, it's a combination of "device type" and "load cost", but we need some help from moders here.

I think you should be looking at positions starting at 272...

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 28
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/12/2006 4:49:27 AM   
dtravel

quote:

quote:

quote:

And once you find "Scenario Editor", the "Database Editor" is just few icons away...

Next time he should say which editor he wants then! back at ya!

(in reply to Dino)
Post #: 29
RE: Plane cargo capacity - 4/12/2006 7:15:11 AM   
niceguy2005

quote:

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. And after two months of near continuous rain, anyone who was going to buy raingear has already done so.

The rain has been a nightly item on the local news, with houses and roads getting washed away daily. The decrease in local business revenues was an ancillary item about a week ago.

Maybe you could hire a native person to do a drought dance...couldn't hurt.

Sorry though to hear about all the soggy weather. It sounds rather bad. Hope you and your family are staying safe and warm.

(in reply to dtravel)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Plane cargo capacity Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI