Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supplies in Phillipines etc.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Supplies in Phillipines etc. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supplies in Phillipines etc. - 4/4/2006 12:15:09 AM   
Nemo121

Hi I am just wondering about the supply situation of the forces defending the Phillipines in 41. I figure that once you take away the air forces the Allied defenders burn about 4,000 tons of supplies per day just sitting there. It looks like the Phillipines starts with about 40,000 tons of supplies and the ability to generate about 400 tons per day from the resources in the southern half of the island ( Clark Field on down).

The way I figure it that gives the forces in the Phillipines a maximum of about 11 days of supply before they begin to run out of supply and experience a rapid reduction in their AV.

Many of the AARs I'm reading feature the Phillipines still fighting on in March and April 1942. Is this the result of the Japanese failing to cut off resupply or is there something way off in estimation of the situation?
Post #: 1
RE: Supplies in Phillipines etc. - 4/4/2006 12:25:00 AM   
Sneer

supply reported in unit screen is monthly demand on supply / not daily for sitting idle
fighting /fortifying/ repairing are what burn supply fast

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 2
RE: Supplies in Phillipines etc. - 4/4/2006 1:46:01 AM   
Ron Saueracker

Supply is supply is supply and it is found in every reource generating base. Don't send your merchants running from Manila right away. Wait until you have a whack of merchants loaded with supply enroute TOO Manila, then relaese them when the weather is thunderstorm level. In smaller size TFs too. Much supply will reach Manila uncathed as will troop laden AKs making a run for it. This can be repeated at least once. Flying supply in from Taraka is a good practice too.

All this supply available in Borneo is bullsh=t but hey, that's how the game works at the momento.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Sneer)
Post #: 3
RE: Supplies in Phillipines etc. - 4/4/2006 4:26:07 AM   
Nemo121

Ah, so even the bit of the Phillipines south of Clark Field is actually self-sufficient in terms of supplies with some 400 tons of supplies made per day (12000 per month) and 4000 tons required per month. So it really is crucial to cause the maximum outlay of an opponent's resources in rebuilding ground units and repairing bases/ports/building forts.

This leads me to another question: When a port attack hits "port supply" is there any hint as to how much of the supply at the base this destroys?

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 4
RE: Supplies in Phillipines etc. - 4/4/2006 4:47:39 AM   
rogueusmc

I think a hit takes out 10%

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 5
RE: Supplies in Phillipines etc. - 4/4/2006 5:02:42 AM   
Captain Ed

In my game it is Feb 43 and I have only just begun the investment of the Phillipines. I know weird strategy. Anyway the Allied forces are very well supplied and very well dug in. So yes the Phillipines can supply itself very well. They have been cutoff since January 42.

THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR DIET IS THE HARDEST
THE SECOND DAY IS EASY CAUSE YOU QUIT

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 6
RE: Supplies in Phillipines etc. - 4/4/2006 5:46:27 AM   
XENXEN

It is only 1%

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=715011&mpage=1&key=port%2Csupply%2Chit򮩒

(in reply to Captain Ed)
Post #: 7
RE: Supplies in Phillipines etc. - 4/4/2006 6:34:29 AM   
rogueusmc

yeah...that sounds better...

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to XENXEN)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Supplies in Phillipines etc. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI