Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Armaments allocation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Armaments allocation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Armaments allocation - 4/2/2006 6:16:35 PM   
irishman

I think I know the answer to this but I'll ask it anyway!
Playing as Japan in 1.602, I have expanded my armaments industry due to a successful invasion of India. I've plenty of IJA/SNLF troops in the pool but the game produces very few 'motorised support' units. I've received two armoured divisions that arrive understrength. After 2 months, the tanks, combat troops, guns and engineers have all filled up to TOE but 'motorised support' is still several hundred short. Is there any way of controlling what the armaments factories actually produce???

The greater the difficulty, the greater the glory - Cicero
Post #: 1
RE: Armaments allocation - 4/2/2006 6:43:40 PM   
Mike Solli

Nope. Armament factories produce generic "armament" points which are used to produce stuff. They are used in combination with manpower points. Be patient. You'll eventually produce what you need. Make sure you have a pool of armament points so you get what you need without having to wait an excessive amount of time. I increaased my armament factories to 550 and my armament pool is around 30k and slowly rising. Remember, the pool can't be bombed into oblivion by the Allies. The factories can. You'll need a good sized pool in late 1944 to be able to produce. Same with HI, oil, resource, vehicle, manpower, etc., etc.....

(in reply to irishman)
Post #: 2
RE: Armaments allocation - 4/2/2006 7:00:49 PM   
irishman

Patience is not one of my qualities!
The problem is that I have plenty of manpower and armament points but the system produces lots of IJN squads but very few 'motorised support' troops. Everything else in the division is now at full strength but the motorised support is still at 1/4 strength and will take over a year to fill up at the current rate!

The greater the difficulty, the greater the glory - Cicero

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 3
RE: Armaments allocation - 4/2/2006 7:46:36 PM   
Nomad

The problem is that one of an item( possibly more, but a lot of checks) can be added for each base in supply range. Read section 15.3 of the manual. What it comes down to is that items where you need 50 or so can fill up fast but things like support or motorized support where you might need 200+ can take quite a long while. And that is with plenty in the pools.

(in reply to irishman)
Post #: 4
RE: Armaments allocation - 4/4/2006 1:41:16 AM   
saj42

How many vehicle points do you have in the pool?
It could be that after producing all those tanks, the vehicle factories have nothing left to make 'motorised support'.

I'm assuming (shouldn't do that with this game) that 'motorised support' and 'tanks' are made up of vehicle points and manpower points - as opposed to 'support squads' being made from armament points and manpower points.

Banner by rogueusmc

(in reply to irishman)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Armaments allocation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI