Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

End of half end of game AI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> End of half end of game AI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
End of half end of game AI - 4/8/2006 7:54:39 PM   
nmleague

Argh this needs some work!! Just did a CPU vs CPU quick game and had these two things happen.

1. Game tied, team on offense has the ball on about the opposition 42 yard line. After a third down play the team (ofenese) calls a time out with 22 second on the clock, instead of letting time run out. They then punt on fourth down, the returning teams returns it for a TD.

2. The same team, with 7 sec left in the game, down 7-0, with a 4th down on about the 48 yard line, punts the ball away.

No way either would happen.
Post #: 1
RE: End of half end of game AI - 4/9/2006 12:46:08 AM   
Magnum357

I may be wrong on this since I haven't messed with the feature much, but can't the Profile system address these problems? I really don't know because I'm assuming the Profile system is similar to Football Pro.

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 2
RE: End of half end of game AI - 4/9/2006 2:51:00 AM   
nmleague

Im not sure if the profile can hanle it, it seems you can set a play(s) to call in certain situations, but I dont know if you can put in that type of decission. I hope it doesnt take that, setting up a detailed profile for every playbook will be a pain.

(in reply to Magnum357)
Post #: 3
RE: End of half end of game AI - 4/9/2006 3:28:24 AM   
Deltadog

I have seen this also as well as the wrong team calling time out when it would have been to its advantage to allow the clock to run.

I do not see any option in the profiles to allow one to dictate when timeouts will be called or when a team will or will not punt. I do wonder what will happen if in a situation when a team should run out the clock if the profile showed 4 running plays. Would the game have to select one of those 4 plays or could it punt?

I also wonder if when profiles are set up if they can be exported to other play books.

There appears to be no provision in the game for such an import, but I have been able to determine that the playbooks are access databases. The profiles are simply tables in those databases. While the game may not allow for profile export and import, access does allow some imports and exports. If the profile table from one playbook(database) can be exported and imported into another playbook (database)

(in reply to nmleague)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Public Beta Forum >> End of half end of game AI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI