Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Several port surprise attack on 7th December

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Several port surprise attack on 7th December Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Several port surprise attack on 7th December - 4/16/2006 11:54:50 PM   
Emilio

Hi to everyone,

Has anyone tried to make several port attacks on 7th December with Surprise Attack? I tried to do against AI, focusing mainly in PH (as historical), Manila (the same groups to bomb Clark Field), and Singapore (the very same groups but making Port Attack).

Well, PH was lousy as usual (2 BBs really heavy damaged and others with moderate damage), Singapore was a nice surprise, since PoW was heavily damaged, but Manila was IMO a complete failure, with 2 SS sunk and some AKs damaged.

There is a better way to do such attack? Just imagine, knocking a lot of SSs in Manila and the British. What a start!!!!

Another question, in some AAR I have read that the mini KB with several carriers is attacking from the first very turn. How can I do that? I've got Zuiho (CVL) and Hosho (CVE) in Hiroshima/Kure, Taiyo (CVE) without any aircraft in Sasebo and Ryujo (CVL) in Palau. It is possible to merge all of them or as many as possible in a more powerful mini KB and use it in the first turn?

And last question, I'm using Andrew Brown map 5.1, much nicer and accurate than default map, but how can I set the imperial flag (Sun with bars) for all of my bases instead the classical japanese flag (just the Sun)?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Emilio.
Post #: 1
RE: Several port surprise attack on 7th December - 4/18/2006 2:52:54 AM   
JJB647

You can get mini KB to attack together by getting them in the same hex. They can all make it near Manila. PBEM opponents usually get upset about multi port attacks on Dec 7th, but against AI who cares.
PH port attack usually doesn't sink any BB's on day one.

(in reply to Emilio)
Post #: 2
RE: Several port surprise attack on 7th December - 4/18/2006 4:22:59 AM   
ny59giants

It is very seldom that you sink a lot of US BB's on just the first turn attacks. A major factor is the Kate's have only a 25% chance of launching torpedoes on each port attack. Thus, you will need a few days of attacks to achieve good result. My Jap opponent spent one week launching attacks and sunk 5 BB's with 2 more "barely" surviving. .
For the Mini-KB, you need to send them to the same hex and on turn two from one TF.
Don't have AB's map, so I cannot help you there.

(in reply to JJB647)
Post #: 3
RE: Several port surprise attack on 7th December - 4/18/2006 8:09:27 PM   
Mighty Atomu

I actually got some good results by sending a four-CV-force to PH, which achieved similar results as the original six CVs... an it can fight well in case LEX or ENT appear near PH (which is likely in an AI game).

Hiryu and Soryo were split off and sent to Signapore, heavily damaging Force Z at port.

CVLs and CVEs were sent to Manila, supported by LBA. But LBA need to neutralize air power at Clark Field too. I think the priority here is to sink or damage as many Subs as possible.

Mini KB can then stay around to attack the ships that try to flee Manila...

The CVL from Palau should be used to seek and destroy the CL Boise. The Boise is a menace if left unchecked.

I think results should be respectable.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 4
RE: Several port surprise attack on 7th December - 4/18/2006 8:22:10 PM   
Mike Solli

I'm reluctant to keep the Baby KB in the vicinity of Manila. They're very fragile ships and the Allies can get lucky. I take Jolo and place some Zeros, Bettys and Nells there. They'll take care of any fleeing ships heading west or SW. Those US ships that flee east (yes, east) from the Philippines can be tagged by Baby KB. It's much safer out there.

(in reply to Mighty Atomu)
Post #: 5
RE: Several port surprise attack on 7th December - 4/18/2006 9:49:31 PM   
ny59giants

Has anyone split up KB in a PBEM and attacked Manila and Singapore on day 1??

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 6
RE: Several port surprise attack on 7th December - 4/19/2006 9:35:14 PM   
Mighty Atomu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

I'm reluctant to keep the Baby KB in the vicinity of Manila.

I fully agree. That´s why land-based bombers from Tainan need to focus on Clarke and Manila airfields.

Jolo is a good - the best - base to own soon after Dec. 7th.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 7
RE: Several port surprise attack on 7th December - 4/19/2006 9:36:58 PM   
Mighty Atomu

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Has anyone split up KB in a PBEM and attacked Manila and Singapore on day 1??

Most allied players will have a one-port-only attack rule agreed prior to a game, no?

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 8
RE: Several port surprise attack on 7th December - 4/19/2006 9:39:22 PM   
Mighty Atomu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

Those US ships that flee east (yes, east) from the Philippines can be tagged by Baby KB.

Those ships should be attacked from LBAs in Legaspi from Day 3 onwards, with a bit of luck.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Several port surprise attack on 7th December Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI