Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Who Do I Talk To?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Who Do I Talk To? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Who Do I Talk To? - 4/25/2006 12:38:59 AM   
tevans6220

I'd like a refund please. I purchased MaxFB the other night (4/22) and I can't get all of it to work. The game itself works but this seems more like a work in progress than a finished product. The play editor and utilities won't work at all. I keep getting RTE 939 and a message about a missing or unregistered .ocx file. I've searched the forums and it seems that the only solution is to reinstall windows which is something I'm not going to do. I have a fairly new system (3 months old) and I'm not going to jump through hoops to get this game to work. So I'd like a refund and when you get all the problems worked out then maybe I'll consider repurchasing.

Sorry to sound so harsh but this is the only program that I've ever purchased with this type of problem. All the hassle of trying to figure it out isn't really worth it to me. So as I said, I'd like a refund. I've been a longtime Matrix customer but I'm just not going to go messing around with my system to get one game to work.
Post #: 1
RE: Who Do I Talk To? - 4/25/2006 12:57:31 AM   
David Winter

As far as I'm aware, this is the first occurrence of this specific report. The other users you're referring to had to reinstall Windows because their registry had become corrupted.

In this case, it sounds like Windows is missing at least one system file. The OCX's the game needs to run are standard windows. If they're missing it could be because they were never installed in the first place. This can happen if your PC came preloaded with an OEM version of Windows.

Can you tell me what OCX is being claimed as missing? Because missing OCX files is not uncommon, Microsoft makes them available on their website. If you can tell me what one is missing, I can point you in the right direction to get them.

(in reply to tevans6220)
Post #: 2
RE: Who Do I Talk To? - 4/25/2006 1:08:55 AM   
tevans6220

David:

I already uninstalled the program. From what I saw of the game I liked it but as I said the utilities and the play editor wouldn't work. Gave me the same error on both. Just to be fair, I'll reinstall and find out exactly what OCX file it referred to but I don't want to go through installing or reinstalling my OS just to get this to work. Sorry to sound so nasty in my first message but I was hesitant about purchasing in the first place. Seeing that a patch had just recently been released, I decided to take the plunge. In any case, my hat goes off to you because from what I did see this game looked very good and in my opinion is way better than MADDEN or FBPRO98. I just don't have the time to go through hoops to make things work. Thanks for your willingness to help me.

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Who Do I Talk To? - 4/25/2006 1:14:30 AM   
Scott_WAR

You will jump throgh hoops, and like it, AND be be glad we dont set them on fire first.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1077099

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=MSCOMCTL.OCX

Try the above thread, I can almost bet you are having the same problem I had. If so, you are getting these errors-

'Mscomctl.ocx' is missing or invalid

---OR---

Run-time error '339'

I got both of these errors until I followed the directions at the 2nd link above.

< Message edited by Scott_WAR -- 4/25/2006 1:15:44 AM >

(in reply to tevans6220)
Post #: 4
RE: Who Do I Talk To? - 4/25/2006 1:28:26 AM   
tevans6220

Just a follow-up. Downloaded and installed the mscomtl.ocx file and everything works. I humbly apologize for my first post. I was a little aggravated. Thanks David and Scott_WAR. As I stated earlier this game looks really good. Certainly the quality of the EA franchises.

Mr. Moderator: Could you please delete this entire thread? In the future I promise not to go off the deep end when something doesn't work. I'll ask for help first.

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 5
RE: Who Do I Talk To? - 4/25/2006 1:43:06 AM   
Scott_WAR

Dont worry about it. If every post where I got a little carried away was deleted, half of the forums on the internet would suddenly disappear.

Actually, I finally learned that having problems, while annoying, was a good thing in the long run for me. The more problems I have had to figue out, the more I have learned about these infernal machines, and the voodoo called software that controls them.

(in reply to tevans6220)
Post #: 6
RE: Who Do I Talk To? - 4/25/2006 2:05:55 AM   
David Winter

Not a problem. Glad you were able to get things up and running.

Based on the post by Scott_war, I guess I had heard of this once before.. Sorry about that.. I completely drew a blank in remembering this one. We shouldn't delete the post. It's a good reference if others have a similar problem.

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Who Do I Talk To? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI