Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ship feul/endurence

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> ship feul/endurence Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ship feul/endurence - 5/4/2006 12:30:29 AM   
tianfeng

I want to know what will happen if the ship's feul drops to 0. Are they going to sink? Or just can't move?
Post #: 1
RE: ship feul/endurence - 5/4/2006 12:38:31 AM   
Terminus

A ship with 0 endurance/fuel can and will always move 1 hex per turn.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to tianfeng)
Post #: 2
RE: ship feul/endurence - 5/4/2006 12:39:19 AM   
Nomad

No matter what, a Taskforce(ship) can move one hex per naval movement phase( 2 hexes per day )

(in reply to tianfeng)
Post #: 3
RE: ship feul/endurence - 5/4/2006 1:12:20 AM   
aletoledo

fuel at 0 seems to be the norm for my barge traffic, otherwise they would probably only travel a couple hexes and still they wouldn't move faster than one hex per phase anyway.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 4
RE: ship feul/endurence - 5/4/2006 12:03:46 PM   
Charles2222

It's a good way to save fuel, but I must admit I don't use it very much. What could prove interesting though, is if the AI notices this, or a human opponent, that you have some or a great many ships going that slow, that someone would then turn to getting subs in the area and putting them on computer comtrol, because it would seem to be in the relative area that the subs would take off after them and catch them. Problem for me is, I'm not so sure the speed you're sailing has anything to do with how easy you are to hit with torpedoes; I just don't. It seems to me it just works off your ship's potentail high speed and it's manuever rating for example (or perhaps better yet it might operate on your chosen suedo-speed [full, mission, or cruise]) but I'm just guessing. One thing is clear is that if you really are going with no fuel you'll be very easy to catch. If you had a TF out of fuel like this, and it did depend not on the speed of each individual ship, as I believe, then what class of speed would those ships be put into if out of fuel; a classification slower than cruise?

< Message edited by Charles_22 -- 5/4/2006 12:05:53 PM >

(in reply to aletoledo)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> ship feul/endurence Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI