Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bugs, and weirdness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Bugs, and weirdness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bugs, and weirdness - 5/10/2006 3:10:09 PM   
zaphod

I have noticed some strangeness that I am not sure is a bug, or just with my system.

1. Playing default teams and plays, (OOB), in quickplay once I change play style once, I can not change it again until I play again. I can also only change the home team play style.

2. Every once in a while when simming a week, my computer screen goes black never to return unless I forcibly turn PC off. I have an ATI 9800 with latest drivers, 4 GB RAM, Athlon 64 3500. Win XP SP2.

3. Somewhat related to 1 above, I have a problem sometimes with the mouse cursor showing up twice, making it difficult to actually choose something. (Other programs that forcibly change the resolution work fine) I have tried different video settings with no change. The default resolution for my PC is 1280x1024, which is not supported by Maximum Football.

4. On to a little stangeness, playing a game between Pittsburgh and Milwaukee, the Pittsburgh QB had an open field in front of him; so he decides to turn back and ends up losing 5 yards rather than gain who knows what, probably a TD in this case. Is this common?

Running latest released version 1.0.139

< Message edited by zaphod -- 5/10/2006 3:18:13 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Bugs, and weirdness - 5/10/2006 6:42:11 PM   
Marauders

Zaphod, welcome to the Maximum-Football community!

quote:

1. Playing default teams and plays, (OOB), in quickplay once I change play style once, I can not change it again until I play again. I can also only change the home team play style.

Which play style? Do you mean the formation when selecting plays?

quote:

4. On to a little stangeness, playing a game between Pittsburgh and Milwaukee, the Pittsburgh QB had an open field in front of him; so he decides to turn back and ends up losing 5 yards rather than gain who knows what, probably a TD in this case. Is this common?

Did the quarterback run or just get sacked?

(in reply to zaphod)
Post #: 2
RE: Bugs, and weirdness - 5/10/2006 7:54:12 PM   
David Winter

I'm not sure what that last part means? Only change it for home team? Actually, not exactly sure what you mean at all with this. Can you explain it a bit further?

2. Every once in a while when simming a week, my computer screen goes black never to return unless I forcibly turn PC off. I have an ATI 9800 with latest drivers, 4 GB RAM, Athlon 64 3500. Win XP SP2.

3. Somewhat related to 1 above, I have a problem sometimes with the mouse cursor showing up twice, making it difficult to actually choose something. (Other programs that forcibly change the resolution work fine) I have tried different video settings with no change. The default resolution for my PC is 1280x1024, which is not supported by Maximum Football.

The game will resize to 800*600 for the main screens (including the quick sim). Does your monitor support this? ATI cards specifically will flicker the monitor on and off as they cycle through the workable resolutions. As this is the first report of such a problem, could it be something as simple as the monitor being switched off by the video card?

Again, nobody else has reported anything like this. But Marauders question is valid. Was the QB being pressured or did he just just try to run?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 3
RE: Bugs, and weirdness - 5/10/2006 8:22:16 PM   
zaphod

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Winter

I'm not sure what that last part means? Only change it for home team? Actually, not exactly sure what you mean at all with this. Can you explain it a bit further?

When trying to change who is the coach, I can choose computer, coach or arcade for the Home team. I can not change anything once I have clicked to change the Play Style. Can not change the play style of the visitor on the right. If you are supposed to be able to change who is home and who is visitor from that screen, I can't do that either

The game will resize to 800*600 for the main screens (including the quick sim). Does your monitor support this? ATI cards specifically will flicker the monitor on and off as they cycle through the workable resolutions. As this is the first report of such a problem, could it be something as simple as the monitor being switched off by the video card?

The main screens are fine. I have to assume my monitor does support this as other programs I have display 800x600 fine. The problem is similar to having an unsupported refresh rate.

Again, nobody else has reported anything like this. But Marauders question is valid. Was the QB being pressured or did he just just try to run?

The qb I think wanted to pass, but it looked to me like he had decided to run. He wasn't being pressured until he turned around and went back 5 yards

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 4
RE: Bugs, and weirdness - 5/10/2006 8:38:18 PM   
David Winter

When trying to change who is the coach, I can choose computer, coach or arcade for the Home team. I can not change anything once I have clicked to change the Play Style. Can not change the play style of the visitor on the right. If you are supposed to be able to change who is home and who is visitor from that screen, I can't do that either

Ahhh.. okay.. now I understand. You'll notice that when you change to computer mode for the home team, the currently selected controller drops down to the bottom of the screen. The choices available to you for play mode are based on the controller you have selected. So if you want to go back to coaching mode, you need to put a controller there for that team. Then coaching mode becomes available again.

The main screens are fine. I have to assume my monitor does support this as other programs I have display 800x600 fine. The problem is similar to having an unsupported refresh rate.

The game doesn't make use of the refresh rate per se. Meaning, I don't change it or really worry about what it's set at.

The mouse cursor showing up twice is most likely caused by a background application trying to get focus away from Maximum-Football. Do you have any other apps running? Even hidden processes can sometimes do this.

(in reply to zaphod)
Post #: 5
RE: Bugs, and weirdness - 5/10/2006 8:54:28 PM   
zaphod

Thanks. I now understand about the play style. I didn't quite get that, but I do now. It works as it should.

As to the screen problems I will have to accept that it won't work right for me most of the time and save often. I do have other processes running, but nothing that should be taking focus away. Similar programs work fine for me that do the same thing that Maximum Football does as far as switching resolutions. I have not run the sim with other apps open, just some background processes such as virus prot. I'll try stopping most of them and see what happens, but i don't expect that it will change anything. I'll also try different video modes again.

I really like what I've seen so far, and I hope I find an acceptable resolution/work-around to this. I do have several suggestions for the future, and I'll post those in the correct forum when I get some more time.

Thanks!

John

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 6
RE: Bugs, and weirdness - 5/10/2006 9:24:44 PM   
Scott_WAR

I have to add two things here. The 800*600 Resizing doesnt happen for me. I use a Nvidia 6800 Ultra. When I play a game, I play it in 1024*768*32. When I finish the game and return to the menu screens, it stays stuck in 1024*768. Exiting and restarting the game fixes it.

The Qb running to the center of the field, when there is an open field in front of him. I see this ALL the time, when backs run the ball. The will have a clear field in front of them, yet will cut to the center of the field just to be tackled by defenders that would have never reached them had they continued to go straight. Its very frustrating and REALLY takes away from the realism of the game. I see it more with custom plays, but I still see it occasionally with the stock/default plays.

(in reply to zaphod)
Post #: 7
RE: Bugs, and weirdness - 5/10/2006 9:56:07 PM   
MjH

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR
When I play a game, I play it in 1024*768*32. When I finish the game and return to the menu screens, it stays stuck in 1024*768. Exiting and restarting the game fixes it.

I see this as well. It started happening to me after one of the early patches, unfortunately I don't remember which one it was.

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Bugs, and weirdness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI