Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help W/ Force Selection

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Help W/ Force Selection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help W/ Force Selection - 7/18/2000 1:31:00 AM   
Banzai

I have been playing SPWAW quite a bit lately and have been running into several issues. I seem to be getting swamped with large concentrations of infantry and tanks. Particularly during advance missions. My tanks then usually get blasted when they stumble across hidden infantry. Im tyring to figure out if the force I have bought needs to changed or If Im just doing things horribly wrong. using 1500 points starting in september of 39 as the Germans I Have purchased the following. 1 HQ 1 Med. Tank Company 1 Mech Infantry Company (PzG) 2 88 AA Sec 2 Prim Mover Sec 1 Halftrack 1 Mech Recon Platoon 1 Sniper In General I have no problems in defesne with this force. On advances though I seem to get beat pretty hard. Any suggestions offered would be appreciated.

Post #: 1
- 7/18/2000 2:09:00 AM   
Larry Holt

Your core looks good. How are your recon tactics? If you move your tanks full speed into woods, you probabaly will get hosed. Do you move scouts out to look around? You can fire arty in an area to supress infantry and make it more survivable to move through it too. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Banzai)
Post #: 2
- 7/18/2000 10:12:00 AM   
victorhauser

Here are a few tips for conducting advance missions against the AI (this doesn't work well against humans). Buy expendable support troops to do advance recon of the AI defenses. Use smoke liberally. Penetrate the defenses on as narrow a front as possible and roll up behind the forward defense. Don't occupy the victory flags until the very end of the game to minimize AI responses. See if that helps.

VAH

(in reply to Banzai)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Help W/ Force Selection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI