Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Amateur Player Development

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Amateur Player Development Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Amateur Player Development - 6/9/2006 3:14:12 PM   
Tullius

I run a test league with 4 teams, 60 men rosters, no financials and an amateur draft of 5 rounds length.

What i have noticed it that not all teams draft 5 players, some teams used only 2 or 3 picks. Many first rounders and some second round picks played only a short time in the minors and the majority of new players started in AA.

So a typical first rounder played perhaps 50-100 AB in AAA and was then promoted to the Majors. I have seen that the one or other was already an All Star in his second year.

The development is a little bit too fast - at least for my test. But it could be result of the small league size and the limitations of a 60 men roster. Any thoughts ?
Post #: 1
RE: Amateur Player Development - 6/10/2006 4:50:07 PM   
Cringer

I would agree for the most part. I have a 16 team-2 League game going, in year 17, and I see many first round picks who are thrown into the Majors rights away. I find that is a little too fast. With some of these guys at 22 and 23 years old though, I undrstand those guys are going to be ready faster, but the first year seems a little fast. The good thing is that most of those guys tend to just ride the pine anyways and don't have anything resembling a good year.

I tend to go after 18-20 year olds and bring them up through my system.

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Amateur Player Development Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI