Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My Ultimate Features List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> My Ultimate Features List Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My Ultimate Features List - 6/13/2006 9:09:10 AM   
Claymore Cut

After the commetns I've already posted and feedback given by the other fine members of this board here is my list of Ultimate Features I'd like to see find there way into Puresim. If perhaps I have included something that is already in the game please let me know, I am still experimenting.

1) Full Baseball rules (Pick offs, 2 play errors, Balks) Not sure exactly what needs to be added, I’ll leave that to the veterans.
2) 40 Man Roster with Minors and September Call ups. It would great to have this as a toggled option that can be activated during a League, as these rules were not always in place.
3) The ability to have multiple human owners AND allow each to manage their own teams. I understand that the game doesn’t have head to head (but it would be a great future option, even as a hot seat mechanic, yes I could see myself calling my friend in Iowa and managing a game over the phone with him). The only reason I can see this not being in the game currently is for the fear of cheating or simply an oversight. As for cheating, it is a baseball sim, if people need to cheat to win.....well, it could be included as a third option if the groups of owners were nervous about it (so you could have stright Commish or Commish and Manage).
4) Toggled Financials. So you can simulate historical leagues where Free Agency only comes in the 70’s. OOTP finally added this option in, I think BM has it as well.
5) On the player’s card the option to view Today’s Stats, and/or see the games box score during the game.
6) The ability to Sim ½ innings at a time (for example if I have my Ace going I might just want to sim out my batters for the first 5 or so innings).
7) Bullpen Warm ups and Visits to the mound (To get the Pitcher and Catcher’s Perspective on how the Pitcher’s Stuff is and give more time for Warm ups).
8) The ability to easily set the era in which you are playing (i.e. setting league averages and the like).
9) Run and Hit open (where the runner takes off and the hitter swings only if he likes the Pitch).
10) And a personal favorite of mine, which I have never seem before, but would love to have…..
The ability to freeze ratings and aging, but to still be able to accumulate season/lifetime stats and have financials, for those of us that want to simulate an All-Time League.

I'd be curious as to others options/additions....

< Message edited by Claymore Cut -- 6/13/2006 11:35:08 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/13/2006 11:47:14 AM   
motnahp

How about this one:

In associations using real MLB players on their actual teams, force the AI to consider the ACTUAL number of games played, at bats, innings pitched and pitchers' games started.

These statistics are available for viewing within the program itself, so I would love to see them used for something. Injury length could be determined based on the percentage of ACTUAL at-bats/innings the player has accumulated during the season.

I know this is "do-able", because I've seen it in sims I consider FAR inferior to Puresim.

(in reply to Claymore Cut)
Post #: 2
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/13/2006 11:52:29 AM   
Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: motnahp

How about this one:

In associations using real MLB players on their actual teams, force the AI to consider the ACTUAL number of games played, at bats, innings pitched and pitchers' games started.

These statistics are available for viewing within the program itself, so I would love to see them used for something. Injury length could be determined based on the percentage of ACTUAL at-bats/innings the player has accumulated during the season.

I know this is "do-able", because I've seen it in sims I consider FAR inferior to Puresim.

I personally like the concept once you start your own universe anything can happen, but I can understand where you are coming from as well. Could be an interesting option.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 3
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/13/2006 3:19:14 PM   
orton1227

quote:

ORIGINAL: Claymore Cut

After the commetns I've already posted and feedback given by the other fine members of this board here is my list of Ultimate Features I'd like to see find there way into Puresim. If perhaps I have included something that is already in the game please let me know, I am still experimenting.

1) Full Baseball rules (Pick offs, 2 play errors, Balks) Not sure exactly what needs to be added, I’ll leave that to the veterans.
2) 40 Man Roster with Minors and September Call ups. It would great to have this as a toggled option that can be activated during a League, as these rules were not always in place.
3) The ability to have multiple human owners AND allow each to manage their own teams. I understand that the game doesn’t have head to head (but it would be a great future option, even as a hot seat mechanic, yes I could see myself calling my friend in Iowa and managing a game over the phone with him). The only reason I can see this not being in the game currently is for the fear of cheating or simply an oversight. As for cheating, it is a baseball sim, if people need to cheat to win.....well, it could be included as a third option if the groups of owners were nervous about it (so you could have stright Commish or Commish and Manage).
4) Toggled Financials. So you can simulate historical leagues where Free Agency only comes in the 70’s. OOTP finally added this option in, I think BM has it as well.
5) On the player’s card the option to view Today’s Stats, and/or see the games box score during the game.
6) The ability to Sim ½ innings at a time (for example if I have my Ace going I might just want to sim out my batters for the first 5 or so innings).
7) Bullpen Warm ups and Visits to the mound (To get the Pitcher and Catcher’s Perspective on how the Pitcher’s Stuff is and give more time for Warm ups).
8) The ability to easily set the era in which you are playing (i.e. setting league averages and the like).
9) Run and Hit open (where the runner takes off and the hitter swings only if he likes the Pitch).
10) And a personal favorite of mine, which I have never seem before, but would love to have…..
The ability to freeze ratings and aging, but to still be able to accumulate season/lifetime stats and have financials, for those of us that want to simulate an All-Time League.

I like all those, but here are the ones I'd definitely want this year:

Your #1 - more baseball situations
Your #5 - in-game stats
Your #7 - it'd be nice, but not totally necessary for me.
Your #9 - nice

Right now I most want, #1, and the ability to globally (is that the right tech term) edit financials, logos, and stadia for each team. A big spreadsheet that opens with all the teams and their financials, etc.

Post #: 4
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/13/2006 5:51:18 PM   
HighandOutside1

Number 5 is huge for me. The only complaints I have with the in-game atmosphere are prominence of ratings over stats and the lack of box score information. Might I suggest looking to OOTP for in-game stats and the DMB for Play-by-Play. In DMB the pbp often tells you exactly what a batter did his last time up.

Post #: 5
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/13/2006 8:48:25 PM   
Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: orton1227
Your #1 - more baseball situations
Your #5 - in-game stats
Your #7 - it'd be nice, but not totally necessary for me.
Your #9 - nice

Right now I most want, #1, and the ability to globally (is that the right tech term) edit financials, logos, and stadia for each team. A big spreadsheet that opens with all the teams and their financials, etc.

1-3 are my biggest 3 issues. I'm really bummed out by the way leagues are set up. I have people join and leave my leagues every year, so I need multiplayer mode, and I can't understand why the game doesn't let the owners manage their games (even if only against their computer opponents). All the other sims out there do. I was kind of shocked when I found this out. We arn't worried about cheating, we have been doing this since the age of 14.

(in reply to orton1227)
Post #: 6
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/13/2006 9:10:46 PM   
dneely

I couple of suggestions and comments:

1. A big one in my mind is era specific XML files.
2. More work in the multiplayer mode so online leagues grow, which means many more sales!
3. Community created league files with photos and ball park images already setup. I know a few exist but we need more and I very much admire those able to create these!
4. Add all the remaining baseball aspects to in game play, plus some "rare" plays.
5. Live Internet play so you are able to play against another manager while online. As I mentioned in another thread this would be a BIG move in the right direction for Matrix and Shaun.

DNeely

< Message edited by dneely -- 6/13/2006 9:12:48 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/13/2006 9:21:09 PM   
Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: dneely

2. More work in the multiplayer mode so online leagues grow, which means many more sales!
5. Live Internet play so you are able to play against another manager while online. As I mentioned in another thread this would be a BIG move in the right direction for Matrix and Shaun.

DNeely

I'm hoping something can be done tweaked so that multiple owners can manage games (even if only against the CPU, like ootp and BM).

Live HtH play would be great, but I would imagine it would be a huge addition (i.e another year).

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 8
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/15/2006 12:05:01 AM   
ED#29

Full baseball rules should be an essential part of a baseball simulation.  I'm still wondering why there isn't a suicide squeeze option   Perhaps Mr. Puresimmer could look at Earl Weaver Baseball, which had a multitude of baseball plays (i.e. wild pitches, balks, pickoffs, throwing errors) and include them in his game.  He's only a step away from creating a complete baseball simulation.

Post #: 9
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/15/2006 12:10:09 AM   
Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: ED#29

Full baseball rules should be an essential part of a baseball simulation.  I'm still wondering why there isn't a suicide squeeze option   Perhaps Mr. Puresimmer could look at Earl Weaver Baseball, which had a multitude of baseball plays (i.e. wild pitches, balks, pickoffs, throwing errors) and include them in his game.  He's only a step away from creating a complete baseball simulation.

There aren't any Wild Pitches or Passed Balls?

(in reply to ED#29)
Post #: 10
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/15/2006 12:15:20 AM   
ED#29

I remember in a previous post it was mentioned that there are wild pitches and passed balls in Puresim.  Some guy had Nolan Ryan throw a wild pitch that resulting in him losing the game.  He also mentioned that there are passed balls, but the result will say "error on catcher" and the runner or runners advance one base. 

Post #: 11
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/15/2006 12:45:52 AM   
GoIndians

1) playoff games for teams tied at the end of the regular season.
2) team records saved in the almanac, (currently available for current season only).
3) tracking of consecutive games played, consecutive scoreless innings pitched
4) AI trading & callups based on team needs rather than artificial frequency variable
5) AI trading involving secondary players, not just the stars.
6) When AI prepares for the playoffs, stop making wholesale exchanges with the minor league team.
7) All star game that is played out.
8) Current standings should be the lead story in every PSPN issue.

(in reply to ED#29)
Post #: 12
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/15/2006 11:05:51 AM   
Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: GoIndians

1) playoff games for teams tied at the end of the regular season.
2) team records saved in the almanac, (currently available for current season only).
3) tracking of consecutive games played, consecutive scoreless innings pitched
4) AI trading & callups based on team needs rather than artificial frequency variable
5) AI trading involving secondary players, not just the stars.
6) When AI prepares for the playoffs, stop making wholesale exchanges with the minor league team.
7) All star game that is played out.
8) Current standings should be the lead story in every PSPN issue.

Solid Suggestions!

(in reply to GoIndians)
Post #: 13
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/16/2006 11:53:22 PM   
Claymore Cut

I posted this in another thread but for completeness I just wanted to add that fly balls hit tot he outfield should tell you how many feet they were hit, so you can easily judge whether or not you should try to tag u and advance.

Here is my original post:

quote:

Great Feature, (Tale of the Tape) is that actually linked to how far the ball was hit or is it a random number generated after a HR?

The reason I ask if it is actually based on how far the ball traveled, would there be a way to designate how far a fly ball out traveled? For example: Fly out to center field (380 feet).

The reason I ask is at times it is very hard to judge how far a ball is hit and when to tag up. I have had runners with 90+ sppeed been caught at home plate when hitting a ball to right field and a normal fly out play (throwers arm 60). The fly out was not designated shallow or deep, so I would of assumed that I would make it.

Just an idea....

Post #: 14
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/17/2006 6:45:57 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

First of all, thanks for all of your great contributions to the forum. Welcome to the PureSim community Claymore! :)

I can give some answers here regarding where I see this stuff fitting into the PureSim development road map. I'll answer:

Short-term: Could be in a patch this year
Long-term: Likely in PureSim 2008 (next March)
Not sure: Still thinking...

#1 - Short-Term
#2 - Not sure (This is a real beast on AI and the player can incur a significant micro-management tax)
#3 - Long-Term / Thinking
#4 - You can already play without financials, and use reserv-clause contracts. Toggling them during a career-replay is not something I think I'll be adding.
#5 - Long-Term (In-game box score will be a must for PS 2008)
#6 - Short-Term / Long-Term (I like that idea, I'll see how hard that would be to add in a patch, regardless it's now on the list for PS 2008)
#7 - Not sure
#8 - The game already does this implicitly based on the year number you enter when you create the association (this applies to both fictional and real player associations) There are also some sliders that allow further adjustment
#9 - Long-Term (PS 2008)
#10 - Already in the game :) When you create an association check the [x] Continuous Replay Mode box

Thanks again for a great list!

Developer, PureSim Baseball

Post #: 15
RE: My Ultimate Features List - 6/17/2006 8:18:28 PM   
Claymore Cut

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer
First of all, thanks for all of your great contributions to the forum. Welcome to the PureSim community Claymore! :)

Thanks! Really enjoyiny the game. Trying to convince several of my friends to pick it up ATM.

quote:

ORIGINAL: puresimmer
I can give some answers here regarding where I see this stuff fitting into the PureSim development road map. I'll answer:

Short-term: Could be in a patch this year
Long-term: Likely in PureSim 2008 (next March)
Not sure: Still thinking...

#1 - Short-Term
#2 - Not sure (This is a real beast on AI and the player can incur a significant micro-management tax)
#3 - Long-Term / Thinking
#4 - You can already play without financials, and use reserv-clause contracts. Toggling them during a career-replay is not something I think I'll be adding.
#5 - Long-Term (In-game box score will be a must for PS 2008)
#6 - Short-Term / Long-Term (I like that idea, I'll see how hard that would be to add in a patch, regardless it's now on the list for PS 2008)
#7 - Not sure
#8 - The game already does this implicitly based on the year number you enter when you create the association (this applies to both fictional and real player associations) There are also some sliders that allow further adjustment
#9 - Long-Term (PS 2008)
#10 - Already in the game :) When you create an association check the [x] Continuous Replay Mode box

Thanks again for a great list!

1-Great!
2-It would be great to have it as an option as a lot of people are going to want it. I featured it would be trouble to program, which is why it isn;t in there. It would be great to get it in as an option.
3-I have an idea on how to do this. Could you not just have a window in Commish mode (and single player mode) that would allow the League Commish (or single player) to change various aspects of the league during the off season?

*One would be allow managers to sim out games
*Change Rotation size
*Change the way pitchers are handled
*Change Financials (free agency)
*have AI try to keep rosters the same
*Realignment/Teams changing leagues

The reason for multiple players to control their teams is because a lot of players are used to having leagues where at least either the home or away team is allowed to sim out their games (depending on how the league is set up). Many online leagues do this, and all the other text based sims support this. To be honest, that is what I consider the weakest aspect of the game ATM, the way the game handles multiplayer (I posted in another thread when I could not initiate trades with the computer in multiplayer mode). I really hope some of these things are taken care of.

As for the other things (rotations, finiancials) To properly play the sim and represent the era changes, you need to be able to toggle these items. Baseball did not have free agency at the beginning. This should be something you can alter during the season. The same for changing from a 4 to a 5 man rotation, or changing the way pitchers are handled. The player/Commish should be able to choose when these options come into place in their league.

4-See above. If financials are not toggable between seasons, how can you represent Major League Baseball? If you have a league that starts at 1900, either they operate under a reserve clause forever or free agency forever. This certainly isn't the way things ended up (with free agency coming into play during the 70's). The game allows and encourages players to sim out decades, allowing them to change the finances is big IMO.

5-Cool

6-It would be great if it could be done, hopefully you can get it in this year.

7-It would great if you could, but I understand it would require some work as nothing like it is in the game ATM.

8-It would be nice if you could simply enter the league averages, but I understand what you are saying.

9-Great!

10-But you can't have finances in Con. reply can you? Since the season resets and the players don't age, they don't lose a year in their contract (and you can't negociate with them either com tot hink of it). Would there be a way to tweak this so that you could still apply financials to such a league?

Thanks for the response Shaun!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> My Ultimate Features List Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI