Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Panzer Command

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Panzer Command Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Panzer Command - 6/30/2006 11:13:56 PM   
FNG

I know that this is the SP:WaW forum, but I would be failing in my duty to my fellow wargamers, Matrix fans & co-forum-hangers if i didn't tell you:

Panzer Command is a blast. I think that it captures the feeling of commanding a strategic force really well. It's early days yet and I'm sure there will be a few glitches along the way, but it looks like a very promising entry into the Matrix/Koios catalogue.

With input from such a great range of gamers that hang around hereabouts, it can only get better. Go get some.

FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.
Post #: 1
RE: Panzer Command - 7/1/2006 8:16:10 AM   
serg3d

Am I mistaken, or terrain really is flat, with no elevation ? I have this impression from screenshots.

(in reply to FNG)
Post #: 2
RE: Panzer Command - 7/1/2006 8:32:39 AM   
azraelck

I kinda like the looks, though it does appear very flat. Maybe that's how terrain is in Russia, around Stalingrad. I wouldn't know. It actually looks around the same as Call of Duty graphics-wise.

My question is what is the minimum reqs for this game? I cannot find them anywhere. While I know my main gaming computer can run it fine (unless they botched big time on it, as Doom 3, Quake 4, and coD2 al run fine at medium to high settings), I still check reqs to see if I can toss it on my second computer, which is just barely unable to run CoD in singleplayer. Also, do you have to keep the CD in to play, which is one thing I find aggravating about all games that force you to do it. I much prefer to have these games for a long time, and tearing up my CD because some company wants me to is not my idea of how to do so. I usually find no CD patches just for that reason, though on some I only play multiplayer, so it's not usually an issue with them.

"Wait... Holden was a cat. Suddenly it makes sense."

(in reply to serg3d)
Post #: 3
RE: Panzer Command - 7/1/2006 12:00:50 PM   
FNG

There are differences in elevation, but as has been pointed out, the terrain where Operation Wintergewitter played out is kinda flat. Hitting the Ins key gives you an idea of terrain 'fluctuations'... I'll post a screenie later. Hull down isn't going to happen often in this particular campaign

You don't even need a CD - I purchased via digital download and everything went very smoothly.

System specs required:

Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP
Pentium 1.2 GHz, AMD 2200+
256 MB (512 MB for XP)
DirectX 9 Compatible Video Card
64MB (Low texture quality)
128MB (Medium texture quality)
256MB (High texture quality)
DirectX 9 Compatible Sound Card
CD-ROM Drive: Yes, for boxed version installation
Hard Drive: 550mb
Microsoft DirectX 9.0c (Included)
Microsoft Managed DirectX (June 2005 – Included)
Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1 (Included)

I'm running it on a P4 3.0Ghz, 1024Mb RAM, 128Mb graphics card with no problems encountered.

FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Panzer Command Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI