Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

mods and arts

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> mods and arts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
mods and arts - 7/10/2006 7:13:31 PM   
pauk

greetings, i'm thinking about mods (Nik mod and CHS) and would try it. I wish to refresh arts of the planes and ships too.

But i do have a problem - i'm only computer user and don't know much about computers...

what i need to do?

Can i install WiTP separatly (I have only one partition so cant install game on C and D)?

what i need to do, step by step (please, explain me as you would do to the child:)

thanks in advance

Post #: 1
RE: mods and arts - 7/10/2006 7:44:03 PM   
jwilkerson

Yes, I'd recommend multiple installs or more properly multiple instances. I think I have 2 WPO, 2 CHS, 2 NIK and 6 Stock.

If you are doing this on a machine (more completely a bootable partition) that already has WITP installed, then the process is easy. You can just copy all of the contents from one WITP folder into a second WITP2 (makeup your own name) folder.

If WITP lives in a Matrix Games folder (the default install) then do the following.

1. Use My Computer to navigate to the Matrix Games folder, you should see the WITP folder inside.

2. From inside the Matrix Games folder, click "make a new folder" ... or pull this down from file->new->folder ... name this folder WITP2 or whatever you like.

3. Then double click you original WITP folder to enter it. Then choose edit->select all then right click in the window showing all the files and choose copy.

4. Then navigate over to your new folder and go inside it (double click) then right click in the empty window and choose paste.

5. Then watch all the files get copied over.

6. Select find the .exe file in this new copy and right click on it amd create a short cut on your desktop.

7. Then go right click on this new shortcut icon on your desktop and give it a meaningful name (WITP MOD) or (WITP CHS) or whatever.

8. Then test the new shortcut to make sure it starts up correctly.

Gee, it sure is harder to type out how to do this, than it is to do it !!!

There is no limit (other than disk space) to the number of copies you can put on your box.

Now if you want to copy to a new box or a new separately bootable partition, then that is a different matter. You will get missing registry errors (the 7xy series) unless you reinstall from scratch on the new machine/partition.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 2
RE: mods and arts - 7/10/2006 8:32:04 PM   
pauk

many thanks, i will try that!

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 3
RE: mods and arts - 7/10/2006 9:13:16 PM   
pauk

i done everything by the book but when started second version got fatal error 774...

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 4
RE: mods and arts - 7/10/2006 9:22:10 PM   
jwilkerson

That is the "catch all error" when system fails to find all serial number data correctly.

Was the install you copied FROM a true full install from 1.0 with serial number, etc. ?

I've never had 774 on copying full install.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 5
RE: mods and arts - 7/10/2006 9:32:47 PM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauk

i done everything by the book but when started second version got fatal error 774...

Do you have hidden files as being visible in your general folder configuration?

This can be turned on in Control Panel, under the View tab, under Hidden Files and folders, select "Show hidden files and folders". After changing this attribute (if it wasn't already set) then press the "Apply to All Folders" button at the top of that window.

Then go back to your new copy and look for a file called maga.mg this is one of the files that is being checked in the start up code and if it is missing you will have a problem. If this file is present in your original copy but not in your new copy then you'll need to copy it over. Not sure why it didn't copy the first time, but I also set all hidden files to "ON" when I first build my machines, so I've never tried it with them turned off. Maybe the copy routine skipped the hidden files, since you copied with the select feature.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 6
RE: mods and arts - 7/11/2006 12:18:39 PM   
pauk

if you ever come to Croatia, i swear i will buy you a drink!

it worked..thanks again

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> mods and arts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI