Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Who is having problems loading 1.20?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Who is having problems loading 1.20? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Who is having problems loading 1.20? - 7/20/2006 2:35:41 PM   
puresimmer

OK, I have seen 3 or 4 folks having problems with 1.20, with the vast majority not having any issues. I'd like to see if I can find any commonality.

If you are having trouble with 1.20 please post here:

1. What OS are you using (XP, XP with SP1, XP with SP2, Win 2000, Win 98)?

2. If you are running XP make sure you are up to date with the latest SP2 and all Windows updates. This is a good idea to keep your computer safe from vulnerabilities anyway.

3. Can you please download and run the debug version of 1.20 and see if that provides any additional information (download it and extract the exe in the zip file into your c:\Matrix Games\PureSim Baseball 2007 folder)

Here is the link to the debug version:
http://www.psmultiplayer.150m.com/puresim2k7_v120_Debug.zip

4. Please try disabling all virus scanner programs and launch the game. If that does work, please update your virus scanner to the latest version

I apologize for the issues I just haven't been able to re-create it and most folks are running fine. Environmental issues are so frustrating (for me *and* you!)

< Message edited by puresimmer -- 7/20/2006 2:41:40 PM >

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Post #: 1
RE: Who is having problems loading 1.20? - 7/20/2006 5:44:20 PM   
jono

Shaun, I'm running Windows 98, Second Edition.

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Who is having problems loading 1.20? - 7/20/2006 6:22:02 PM   
JMAV

Two stories:

1) on my desktop, which is current with SP2 and all updates, even with virus protection having been turned ON, it is running with no problems.

2) on my laptop, which is running in XP, not in SP2, and no virus protection at all, it will not run. Now, I figure I need to get SP2 onto my laptop, but do not really have internet access with it...I download everything from home and transfer to laptop...so I am going to have to find those updates to SP2 somehow!

Not going to do Debug at this time, as I feel the problem is solvable, and do not want to open any more doors if I do not have to!

Thanks for concern, updates, and support!

(in reply to jono)
Post #: 3
RE: Who is having problems loading 1.20? - 7/21/2006 12:20:43 AM   
teamdick

Using windows me, all updates current, turned off all antivirus and extraneous programs
nothing loads up when i click on puresim.  Not even with debug, but it appears in my window list (ctrl, alt, delete).

(in reply to JMAV)
Post #: 4
RE: Who is having problems loading 1.20? - 7/21/2006 12:44:44 AM   
sanpurdue

Not a problem loading with V1.20, but rather, after the retirement screen came up, I clicked several hundred times on the OK button and it would not close. I eventually killed the process. I haven't tried to start the game yet, but I will later tonight.

* update * after restarting ps2007 the game realized that it had not shutdown properly and tried to recover the database. It did, but when I went to the amateur draft, nothing happened and it went right to free agent draft. Things looked kinda funky there too, so I just skipped the rest of the FA and went to start the new season. The schedule was showing DEC 1979 as the first week. In any event, I figured the abnornal shutdown must have caused the problem, but just in case others see this happening as well, I figured I would go ahead and post. The 1972 association was just a "beginner" testdrive (actually just wanted to see how many career HRs, I could get for Schmidt batting lead-off :-), so I just deleted the assocation and I will start a new one later.

< Message edited by sanpurdue -- 7/21/2006 1:15:01 AM >

(in reply to teamdick)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Who is having problems loading 1.20? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI