Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Startin a pbem VERY soon and looking for an opponent

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Startin a pbem VERY soon and looking for an opponent Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Startin a pbem VERY soon and looking for an opponent - 8/14/2006 10:06:52 PM   
Honda

Sorry for what seems like a double thread but it's not so...Here goes...

This is my first WitP pbem but I don't consider myself a pushover. Far from it but I know that pride came before the fall...
I played 6 pbems in UV and all victorious (if you discount the very first one when I thaught that mining Lunga on turn1 would be a good idea and then crippled my CAs on that same turn in that same minefield and concluded that a restart would be a nice thing to offer to a nOOb like me).
I'm married and have a month and a half old baby boy (no his name is not Yamato or anything like that) and am good for app 5 turns a week at least, mosty more. Sounds little, i know, but this mostly more appendix is what I'm gunning for.
I'm looking for an Allied opponent who is not an expert but is a regular on the the boards as some sort of a guarantee against dissapearing players bug. I want to make this game last till the end. Autovictory (as unlikely as it is) I will regard as a victory but want to play till the bitter end. Even if all is lost for the Allies they can still have very much fun in '44+. So no quiters!

Here's what I have imagined (all rules are disscusable but MiniMod is a must):

SETTINGS:
PDU – off
Sub doctrines – off
Historic first turn – off
Allied damage control – on
Advaced weather effects – on
FoW – on
December 7th surprise - on

Turn1 specific rules:
1. One port attack (PH)
2. Phillipines: Japan has a free hand at landing on north, west or south (those are all opes seas aproaches) but only on historical landing sites or those for which the troops landing are prepared
3. Landings in general - only historical landings allowed
- Jap TFs can move to 4 hexes away from an allied air
base

House rules:
1. Stacking limit of 80 planes per airfield size
2. No George or Jack on CVs
3. No F4U-1 on CVs; F4U-1D only on fleet CVs
4. No recon invasions with tiny forces
5. No B29s on naval attack; minimum size 7 to operate - if less, max 48 Superfortresses per base
6. No mine port missions over bases with a plane symbol
7. No kamikaze strikes over CAPs max altitude
8. No G4M2e strafing
9. No training of bombers by supply transport missions
10. No 4E bombers on naval attack below 6000ft
11. Japan activates USSR regardless of wether it will or will not attack (USSR can only attack on or after August 9th 1945); Japan can't use anything from Kwantung without paying PPs and also shouldn't weaken it below the now imagined 9000 AP
12. Allied troops and planes can enter Soviet territory only if political points are paid for their transfer to Far East Command (those units then remain Soviet till the end of the war)
13. PT limitations - PTs can combine with other ships only for transport purposes
- max n(6?) ships and n(2?) PT TFs per port

Honda MiniMod changes:
1. OscarII gets mvr 36, dur 27, and 2x250kg AP bomb
2. New plane: OscarIII - all stats like OscarII except:
mvr-37
spd -358
availability – 5/44
armor - 1
3. Ki-100 gets mvr 36, dur 31
4. Type13 radar penetration set to 500 (should work as an air-search radar now)

P.S.
Please don't take offence if I should discount someone as an opponent. It's not personal since I want to maximize the chances of this game going all the way and may in the end be a poor decision on my account for all I know
(having written this I have feeling noone will answer this challange)

< Message edited by Honda -- 8/15/2006 2:58:58 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: Startin a pbem VERY soon and looking for an opponent - 8/16/2006 12:29:23 PM   
Raverdave

PM sent.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Honda)
Post #: 2
RE: Startin a pbem VERY soon and looking for an opponent - 8/16/2006 1:30:40 PM   
Sneer

be careful with advanced weather
it breaks sometimes and you have permament rain/thunderstorm in the area

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 3
RE: Startin a pbem VERY soon and looking for an opponent - 8/16/2006 5:42:57 PM   
Oleg Mastruko

Honda I'd play you, we're practically neighbors, I believe you have quick turnaround, and we could communicate in Croatian, but your list of rules makes me dizzy.

Having tried many things, I still believe in plain old #15 (perhaps with Nik's AA mod) with as little rules as possible. I'd also prefer to play IJN

O. 

(in reply to Sneer)
Post #: 4
RE: Startin a pbem VERY soon and looking for an opponent - 8/16/2006 9:08:25 PM   
Honda

Ok....after a dry first day I thaught I'd have to uninstall WitP but after a day out fighting Zagreb birocracy this is a nice wellcome indeed.
I think I'll need to rest on this a while ( an hour will do) till I decide who to take as a mistress for a few years.
Sneer, I think the weather is already set because my 1st turn is locked and loaded.

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 5
RE: Startin a pbem VERY soon and looking for an opponent - 8/17/2006 2:39:24 AM   
Honda

MiniMod and turn1 sent to Raver. This seems to be it, cheers all and thanks for considerenig a game with me.

(in reply to Honda)
Post #: 6
RE: Startin a pbem VERY soon and looking for an opponent - 8/17/2006 11:41:55 AM   
pauk

We want AAR! There is no need for detailed day by day reports, few sentences, one map and casaulties report for one week in the game would be enough! It would take a hour per week...

(in reply to Honda)
Post #: 7
RE: Startin a pbem VERY soon and looking for an opponent - 8/17/2006 12:45:22 PM   
Honda

I don't know if I'll have the time. Maybe I could make notes when I have the time on some operations and then post them as a debriefing or something with maps and stuff?

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Startin a pbem VERY soon and looking for an opponent Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI