Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie with Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Newbie with Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie with Questions - 9/6/2006 5:44:41 AM   
Gurguvungunit

'Aight, so I have... a whole bunch of questions about custom-designing scenarios and suchlike. I'm not particularly familiar with the editing programs outside of the in-game one, but I'm willing to learn. I've looked for the answers in tutorials, and been unsuccessful. Admittedly, I could have spent more time looking, I guess.

-Is it possible to create custom units, such as, I dunno, musket infantry for example? How, briefly, would I go about doing that (or where can I find it in a tutorial)?

-Is there an 'undo' function in the in-game map/scenario editor?

I'll probably have more questions eventually, but hey.
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie with Questions - 9/6/2006 6:38:08 AM   
FlashfyreSP

No undo feature, other than placing another terrain tile over the goof or deleting and re-buying the units.

To make custom units, you need to edit the OOB. This is not something to be entered into lightly; changing the OOB will affect how things show and work in the scenarios and campaigns. If you want to experiment, make a copy of the OOB you wish to edit in a temporary folder, rename the original OOB to a BAK copy, then make your changes. When you put the modified OOB file into the main folder, you'll be able to check your work.

(in reply to Gurguvungunit)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie with Questions - 9/6/2006 7:35:46 AM   
chief

Kevin I also invited this young man to give the Depot a check for forums and academy on another forum above.

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Newbie with Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI