Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any work on the early thirties?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Scenario Design >> Any work on the early thirties? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any work on the early thirties? - 8/31/2006 9:15:03 PM   
Count dTen

I'm quite new here and quite lost. Please forgive if my questions are obvious, but I'm trying to talk a distant friend and myself into the investment if buying and learning WPO.

I'm always been interested in the thirties as the tipping point between aircraft and warships (plus they're cool). Are there mid-thirties aircraft in the data base? Are there mid-thirties scenarios? Where can I find and investigate them?

Is there any hope of adding a 1930's official scenario (with AI for solitare play)?

One of the thrills is looking at these forums and seeing such evidence of a dedicated and active player base.

Thank you,

-dTen
Post #: 1
RE: Any work on the early thirties? - 8/31/2006 9:17:55 PM   
Terminus

There is some talk about a possibility of Thirties scenarios, but it's not right around the corner.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Count dTen)
Post #: 2
RE: Any work on the early thirties? - 8/31/2006 9:29:38 PM   
Count dTen

Thank you for the information, but how "modern" is the aircraft database at this point? I saw a reference that aircraft types were to be added, but couldn't tell if that was an expansion in time period, or just a more complete listing pre-1931....

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: Any work on the early thirties? - 8/31/2006 11:39:30 PM   
Tankerace

The current list covers aircraft that entered service as late as 1931 (not all types in 1931, just those that, with some fudging, could have been ready in 1930).

Those to be added extend the list to around 1932, enough to add flavor in 1930 or '31 scenarios, but not beyond that. The reason being that I ran out of aircraft slots for the new 1.3 patch further rounding out 1920s types, even adding new nations air forces.

Designer of War Plan Orange
Allied Naval OOBer of Admiral's Edition
Naval Team Lead for War in the Med

Author of Million-Dollar Barrage: American Field Artillery in the Great War coming soon from OU Press.

(in reply to Count dTen)
Post #: 4
RE: Any work on the early thirties? - 9/1/2006 1:04:19 AM   
Count dTen

Ouch, I can appreciate the problem. I guess my love affair with the Boeing P-26A will have to remain unrequented for a bit longer. It sounds like a true 30's varient would be impossible without becoming a new game. (Out of pure ignorance, however, could one "name" an airforce in dated chunks as part of some future revision?)

I did notice references to a 1938 scenario, and part of the question was whether to use WPO or its parent. I'll have to track it and see which base is used. The chance to see has-been's like the Devastator perform while they were still contenders would be intriguing. I assume though, that any labor of love like that would take a long time to prepare.

Thank you,

dTen

(in reply to Tankerace)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930 >> Scenario Design >> Any work on the early thirties? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI