Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pitchers on steroids

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Pitchers on steroids Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pitchers on steroids - 9/28/2006 7:27:00 AM   
chartgod

Even after installing the v120 patch, it seems that my starting pitchers only need 2 days rest. After a game throwing 148 pitches, this guy is fully rested two days later. Is this a common problem?
Post #: 1
RE: Pitchers on steroids - 9/28/2006 9:09:15 AM   
looneyluden

I had a similar problem, and the computer controlled teams were never using their 5'th starter because their top starter would always recover too fast and the rotation would reset itself at the beginning.

Someone pointed me to a thread that told me how to edit this setting in the XML file.

Here is what the section of the XML looks like:

<!-- ======================================
-->
- <!-- Pitcher Recovery Model
-->
- <!-- ======================================
-->
- <!-- The values in the RECOVERY_PITCHER tag allow you to influence how fast starting pitchers
and relief pitchers recover between starts Note: the practical range is from 1 to 200
The default for both attributes is 100.

The higher the number, the faster the recovery

-->
<RECOVERY_PITCHER Recovery_Starter="46" Recovery_Reliever="46" />

Yours by default won't have the numbers 46 for starters or relievers as shown above, but that is what you should change the numbers to for more accurate fatigue recovery. Go in your XML file, change the numbers, then save the changes. Changes will take effect after the pitchers next start. Hope this helps you.

Looney

(in reply to chartgod)
Post #: 2
RE: Pitchers on steroids - 9/28/2006 9:11:08 AM   
looneyluden

One other thing to add to this: When you upgrade your puresim to a newer version or patch, you will need to re make the changes, because each new version of puresim you patch to automatically resets your XML file to the default.

(in reply to looneyluden)
Post #: 3
RE: Pitchers on steroids - 9/28/2006 9:19:34 AM   
jono

To fix this at least a couple of us have gone into the xml under Fatique and changed the values in the RECOVERY_PITCHER line from the default of 81 for Recovery_Starter to 51 and for Recovery_Reliever from the default of 67 to 37.  I've found that these changes seem to work well for the regular season but to make the playoffs and World Series work right I have to switch back to the defaults for them.

(in reply to chartgod)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> Pitchers on steroids Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI