Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug in Pre-Bombardment showing Reinforcements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Bug in Pre-Bombardment showing Reinforcements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug in Pre-Bombardment showing Reinforcements - 7/26/2000 4:03:00 AM   
Skotty

While trying out the "French Move" scen in 1939, I noticed a major weird thing happen. During the pre-bombardment of French Airstikes I noticed it showed ALL the reinforcement units for BOTH sides. The German reinforcements even fired on the passing aircraft, damaging them into suppression. I then tired the scen w/ the comp playing the french and Human German. This time time only the French reinforcements showed up, not the German. Anyone else noticed this situtuation??

Post #: 1
- 7/26/2000 5:51:00 AM   
Wild Bill

That would appear to be a bug, Skotty. Good job. I'll report it...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 2
- 7/28/2000 3:38:00 PM   
renwor

I can confirm the bug. In "No easy place" one of attacking Pe-2 was shot down by Skdfz 250, from the reinforcement hex. on the edge of map. Imagine my surprise, when in turn 1 there was no halftrack there or anywhere on the map "Superman" halftrack kind of??? Oh, in case Paul V. needs help to reason this out: If reinforcement is supposed to arive in few turns, it must already be nearby, so it may shoot at planes over the map, even if the unit itself is still off-map. So that it could be depicted somehow, unit is placed to reinforcement hex, for the animation purposes. It would be interesting to know if one can actually bombard reinforcements by bombarding reinforcement hexes I'll try this one

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 3
- 7/28/2000 9:07:00 PM   
David

I had this happen last night in the Steel Shield scenerio. The US Aircraft attacked, I could see the US positions as well as the German reinforcements.

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 4
- 7/29/2000 9:17:00 AM   
BryanMelvin

I noticed this too during Beta Testing and discovered that when you save the scenario from player two's side this happens. For example, you design a scenario, select player's one forces and two's forces. Many designers then go back to player one's side -deploy then deploy side's two units. If your last save was from Side Two, then prebombardment and airstrikes will reveal Player's Two Forces. If your last save was from Side One's Deployment, then Side's two units remain hidden. So, those of you seeing this: go into editor, open the scenario, select player one deployment option, go back to editor screen and save scenario (do not change it). This usually takes care of this problem. Let me know if it works for you. Mel ------------------ MarauderMel

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 5
- 7/29/2000 11:29:00 AM   
Skotty

I attempted the editor.side 1, save fix and it still showed the side 2 reinforcements and this time they shot down 2 planes. Maybe it didn't work with this scen cuz both sides have reinforcements, of which both sides did show up in this case.... again.

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 6
- 7/29/2000 8:19:00 PM   
BryanMelvin

Which scenario was it (French Move)? I'll check it out and see what it is doing. Also, did you save from the editor screen? Saving from the deployment screen causes problems too. ------------------ MarauderMel

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 7
- 7/30/2000 3:23:00 AM   
Skotty

Yes, it was the "French Move", and I did save from the editor, not the deployment screen.

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 8
- 7/30/2000 4:52:00 AM   
Graf Speer

quote:

If reinforcement is supposed to arive in few turns, it must already be nearby, so it may shoot at planes over the map, even if the unit itself is still off-map. So that it could be depicted somehow, unit is placed to reinforcement hex, for the animation purposes.
LOL . . . brilliant 'pre-analysis', Renwor ; but am not sure if the battlefield sighting / visibility / LOS rules are being accurately reflected in this instance, ya? Incidentally, this SPWAW board is chock full of some of the best grog-minds and nard-brilliant brainstormers ever witnessed on any website . . . keep it up guys Albert ------------------ The Good Nazi

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 9
- 7/30/2000 7:13:00 AM   
Dice4Eyes

Yes there seems to be a lot of strange things going on in the pre-bombardment turn. Apperently these are old legacy bugs thats been around a while. See thread "Nasty bug in 2.3" that i bumped up from the past. ------------------ Ever played chess with death Mvh Daniel E.

Divide et Impera Daniel E

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 10
- 8/1/2000 12:30:00 AM   
BryanMelvin

quote:

Originally posted by Skotty: Yes, it was the "French Move", and I did save from the editor, not the deployment screen.
Okay, I did discover the scenarios saved in version 2.0 do not correct. I resaved Fabs scenario about Arhnem Bridge using the method I descrided earlier and it did fix the prebombadment bug. I did this with other scenarios and it fixed these too, as long as they are Versions, 2.1 or greater. ------------------ MarauderMel

(in reply to Skotty)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Bug in Pre-Bombardment showing Reinforcements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI