Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The "New Stuff"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The "New Stuff" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The "New Stuff" - 7/31/2000 12:20:00 AM   
Wild Bill

If we are quiet, guys, that is because we are working around the clock (literally!) to get version 3.0 together for you. In my little corner of the arena, look for 21 scenarios. Six are "fixes" for scenarios already published. Changes in OOBs, etc have made earlier versions not work as well as they should. Everything else should be okay. Now for some juicy news. Looks like we will have a new campaign system, with branching scenarios like you wanted...and more. I'm hard at work on the first campaign, "Preparing the Way," US Army fighting from North Africa through Sicily. Its small by some campaign standards but, man it is packed full of goodies. I'm trying to include all the new features I can. So in this campaign, you will find a lot of different things. Amphibious assaults, air drops, glider landings, command operations, attack, defend, all type of new victory objectives, night fights, evacuations, all three types of battles, small naval encounters, otional reinforcements, whew! And more! I've put everything I could find, including some that aren't in the game (VF Legionnaire paratroopers - G), Italians, French, Germans, Americans, just couldn't get the Brits,Russians or Japanese in this one. But they'll be coming along later in Part II of this two part campaign series. So get ready. ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 7/31/2000 12:58:00 AM   
Graf Speer

Wild "All Night" Bill, It sounds like you have tossed in everything but Parisian coutesans and paramours So, besides the French kitchen sink and babes . . . I was wondering, is it possible for the Campaign Generator (CG) to permit a side to assume the defensive? That is, as the CG is currently configured, it seems to presume only offensive operations for the player, ya? (by example, and as I enjoy 'underdawg' scenarios, I setup as the Poles to play against the Germans and Russians in a series of 5 battles from September thru October of 1939. However, when it came time to play, I found my Poles in an obligatory attacking scenario in the first battle - and I was wondering what good all those mines I purchased were going to do now . . . ) Wild Bill: is it possible to offer a setup choice for selecting either offensive or defensive battle situations within the Campaign Generator? Wouldn't such an option add another dimension and level of fun to CG play? Albert ------------------ The Good Nazi [This message has been edited by Graf Speer (edited July 30, 2000).]

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 7/31/2000 10:34:00 AM   
Wild Bill

To be honest, I don't really know. But I am going to look. I just don't play generated battles or campaigns that much...bad for me, I know But I'll try to do better. Actually, I thought that you could decide that or the computer would set up defensive situations. Didn't the game used to do that. I'll look right now...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 7/31/2000 11:21:00 AM   
Desert Fox

Sounds great. But will the user created campaigns have an upper limit on the scenarios in them? I really like the idea of creating a monster 50 battle campaign, taking on the whole war, whether its a historic campaign or just a good one. Can we make monster campaigns now? Maybe 50 guaranteed battles and 100 different scenarios due to branching in all? Something like that would really be great.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 7/31/2000 11:42:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: If we are quiet, guys, that is because we are working around the clock (literally!) to get version 3.0 together for you.
Hello Wild Bill! I see they got you surrounded You happen to have an extra can of coffee. Mine ran out this week to many long hours. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout [This message has been edited by Tankhead (edited July 31, 2000).]

Tankhead

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 7/31/2000 12:35:00 PM   
crazyivan

quote:

Originally posted by Graf Speer: Wild "All Night" Bill, It sounds like you have tossed in everything but Parisian coutesans and paramours So, besides the French kitchen sink and babes . . . I was wondering, is it possible for the Campaign Generator (CG) to permit a side to assume the defensive? That is, as the CG is currently configured, it seems to presume only offensive operations for the player, ya? (by example, and as I enjoy 'underdawg' scenarios, I setup as the Poles to play against the Germans and Russians in a series of 5 battles from September thru October of 1939. However, when it came time to play, I found my Poles in an obligatory attacking scenario in the first battle - and I was wondering what good all those mines I purchased were going to do now . . . ) Wild Bill: is it possible to offer a setup choice for selecting either offensive or defensive battle situations within the Campaign Generator? Wouldn't such an option add another dimension and level of fun to CG play? Albert [/B]
what you can do is if you get a advance mission in your next battle in the core support screen instead of deploying them exit the game screen back to the start of steel waw and load up your campiagn agian you will start back at your promotion screen wear you last saved the game befor going onto the rebuil and repiar screen go throug the repiar etc then when you get to the core support see what the mission is often it follows a pattern of assult assult advance delay defend etc so just repeat this process untill you get the desired battle.i no this is a pian if you lose a lot of units as you have to go through the rebuild thing to see what mission you have first. i hope this works for you Graf crazyivan

"The best form of defence,is attack"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 7/31/2000 12:38:00 PM   
Von Rom

Way to go guys - the surprises never end. It's truly amazing Wild Bill what you have been able to squeeze out of the Steel Panther game engine Keep up the excellent work... ------------------ A King Tiger can give you a definite edge...

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 7/31/2000 12:57:00 PM   
crazyivan

WB hearing all the cool things that you are adding to your camaign only makes me weep bitterly over my most dire situation.let me share with you my truly woefull tale. 30 turn campaign 1941-aug 1943 my first year was a good one my battles were margonal victorys and some majors my troops had bad losses agianst exp germans early on but my t34s and kv1s tiped the scales more often than i would care to admit but just when my troops in late 42 come into there own ie high exp the germans come up with the tiger and boom my exp armoue literaly goes up in smoke.to cut a long story short its my last battle i need to get a draw or better to win 14 turns left 45%of my armour is down my troops have been shelled of there flags(german advance) and he controls 20%of the flags his tigers are out for my blood and i can't find his ss company yet so wb by reading your new reinforcement fase all i can do is cry i don" 't think his attilery or amour will let my battered force hold on for another 14 turns WEAR ART THOU REINFORCEMENTS....

"The best form of defence,is attack"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The "New Stuff" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI